Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Stolen - Have video evidence

• 27-08-2010 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, Looking for some advice.... Got bike stolen last week from my place of work. The Security guy allowed me to check the cameras and I now have a Video of the person coming into the carpark and leaving with my bike. I amgoing to hand it in to Guards later today but is there anything else I could do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Leave a bait bike over a concealed pit? Complete with excrement smeared punji sticks? (Turn off the camera if you're gonna do this...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Youtube? Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

My only issue with the You Tube option is the posibility of getting in trouble at work for posting the Video of the car park online. The Video is from a private underground car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Keep a copy of the disc.

Get a copy of the cctv operating software, might be available here http://www.gesecurityproducts.eu/videoupgrades/

This should allow you to print off photographs of the culprit and you can post them around the building to make work colleagues more security concious. Gardai will also find photo's useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If the Gardai catch the git, have you not fouled up a possible prosecution by posting the video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is the quality good enough to ID someone? Would to be able to recognise the same person if they passed you in the street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If the Gardai catch the git, have you not fouled up a possible prosecution by posting the video?

Gardai post videos all the time on Crimecall or whatever it's called now. The biggest problem is slander if you accuse an identifiable person in the video of theft and you cannot prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Hi, Looking for some advice.... Got bike stolen last week from my place of work. The Security guy allowed me to check the cameras and I now have a Video of the person coming into the carpark and leaving with my bike. I amgoing to hand it in to Guards later today but is there anything else I could do.

did you make a report with the gardai already? If so call in with the video and demand some cash for doing their job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

trad wrote: »
    Gardai post videos all the time on Crimecall or whatever it's called now. The biggest problem is slander if you accuse an identifiable person in the video of theft and you cannot prove it.
    I was thinking of jury contamination, but you're right, the Gardai stick stuff on Crimecall all the time. So it must be okay. I'd still leave it to them.

Advertisement