Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Steak in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Thats a pity, had the 14oz there a few weeks back and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had! Could have been a different chef or something!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Post and quote removed ==> tone raised again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I had one of the nicest fillet stakes out I've ever had in Croker's Bar in Murroe a few weeks ago (nicer than my previous favorite 'Freddie's') huge portions too. I went back Easter Monday and it again, just as good as my first one :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

While we are on the subject of steak does anyone know if it is possible to buy Argentinean beef here??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

L.T.P. wrote: »
    While we are on the subject of steak does anyone know if it is possible to buy Argentinean beef here??

I imagine so, i've seen Argentinean fire steaks in a few butchers around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd try Garretts or Flavins and ask them, they might have to order it in from their supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Gonna chance some steak this weekend again,any recommendations?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm heading to the Texas Steak Out for the first time this Saturday. Will report back on Sunday.

I'm heading to the Texas Steak Out for the first time this Saturday. Will report back on Sunday.

you've never been to the Texas Steak Out?

you've never been to the Texas Steak Out?

Yup! Embarrassing or wha'? :pac:

• Advertisement

Yup! Embarrassing or wha'? :pac:

I never found it great tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Going to the Texas myself tonight. I haven't found anywhere in Limerick with a cracking steak. Some very nice ones and some terrible ones. I usually prefer one I cook myself. Nicest one I ever had was abroad though. Unbelievable stuff.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Going to the Texas myself tonight. I haven't found anywhere in Limerick with a cracking steak. Some very nice ones and some terrible ones. I usually prefer one I cook myself. Nicest one I ever had was abroad though. Unbelievable stuff.

Had a lovely T-Bone steak cooked to perfection in New Jersey a few months back,unbelievable it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Jofspring wrote: »

Try the cornstore on Thomas Street, by far the best resturant in town at the minute! They do an amazing steak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I never found it great tbh

I agree ;) usually good service there but the food is very average.
    Wouldn't even be on my top 10 Limerick restaurants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Steakout is nothing to write home about these days, they used to be good years ago but the competition has caught up and overtook them these days imo, food is average and not the cheapest either.

The Glasshouse is decent, not sure what a steak is like from there though as I'm not really a steak person, much prefer poultry or fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

alan1990 wrote: »
    Try the cornstore on Thomas Street, by far the best resturant in town at the minute! They do an amazing steak!

This! Best place to eat in Limerick by a long shot. Superb food, service and surroundings. Texas steakout a long way down the list these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea Cornstore gets my vote, had a great steak there the other week. Not cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

steak in azure like butter

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Glasshouse is decent, not sure what a steak is like from there though as I'm not really a steak person, much prefer poultry or fish.

I ate in the Glasshouse last weekend for the first time and it was very good. The steak was cooked perfectly and had a lovely BBQ taste I will definitely return. Plus the chips you get are savage!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Anyone tried the Docklands Steakhouse yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

peckerhead wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Docklands Steakhouse yet?

Not yet, but I plan to try it soon. I just bought a voucher on LivingSocial.ie. It's a good deal:

http://partners.livingsocial.com/deals/37705-three-course-meal-for-two-people-with-wine

Snap! :D

It gets (two) good reviews on Tripadvisor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

peckerhead wrote: »
    Snap! :D

It gets (two) good reviews on Tripadvisor...

Snap X2 :D

Great value, really looking forward to it!

Ate there tonight, highly recommended. Nice relaxed atmosphere, nothing too stuffy. Only two waiters on, and they were kept busy, but very pleasant and attentive. Kind of off-putting that you walk in the door and are faced with the chipper-style takeaway counter, but when you turn left into the main seated area it's very pleasant.

Weakest link was the starters — ribs for her, so-called cajun chicken goujon salad for me (basically just chunks of breaded chicken breast tossed in lettuce). But the steaks (fillet and striploin, respectively) were delicious and cooked just right, and the chips and pan-fried baby potatoes were both good. We were nearly too full for them, but the desserts were very tasty.

They'd some good value menus/early bird offerings; €35 for two three-course meals and a nice bottle of Rioja is unbeatable value ...I'd certainly go back. And eat a bit less! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Had heard great things about the Docklands and i finally ate there today. The food was beautiful and the service was good.

My one problem with the place is that they don't take cards, now i know this may sound kinda petty but today I went there on a whim and didn't have any cash with me and when i went ot pay i got told they didnt accept cards!!!!

I had to leave and go and get cash, have to say that kinda ruined it for me unfort cos up to them everything was perfect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kiersm wrote: »
    Had heard great things about the Docklands and i finally ate there today. The food was beautiful and the service was good.

My one problem with the place is that they don't take cards, now i know this may sound kinda petty but today I went there on a whim and didn't have any cash with me and when i went ot pay i got told they didnt accept cards!!!!

I had to leave and go and get cash, have to say that kinda ruined it for me unfort cos up to them everything was perfect :(
    Hardly a dealbreaker IMO
    If everything was nice before that i don't personally see how its all of a sudden not nice.
    Inconvenient it may be of course.
    I'll have to try it out next time i'm home(and bring cash of course:))

Went for the 4 courses for €24.95 deal. Had the 8oz. sirloin steak (well done) with mushrooms and onions. Damn good stuff. Chicken Goujan starter with garlic mayonnaise was also delicious. I know the place doesn't get top reviews from posters here, but I had a great meal there last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Hardly a dealbreaker IM0
    No not quite but it was a huge pain to have to leave and go and get cash and did put me off the place a bit tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

amiable wrote: »
    Hardly a dealbreaker IMO
    If everything was nice before that i don't personally see how its all of a sudden not nice.
    Inconvenient it may be of course.
    I'll have to try it out next time i'm home(and bring cash of course:))

It pretty much would be a deal breaker, I think in this day and age the least you could expect of a restaurant is to have a facility to take cards.

Imagine hosting a business lunch with clients there, and being told at the end of the meal you couldn't use your company card to pay, having to make excuses to your clients and leave them sitting at the table while you rush off the find a bank machine.

Or think of tourists who may not know the city, and would be used to paying for everything by card. Would one of the tourists have to go off on their own to seek out a cash machine?

Advertisement