Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband provider Sligo

• 27-08-2010 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Im in Ballisadare and im with Fastcom. Although I find them a great company to deal with and reliable the speeds they can offer arent great. Can anyone offer me an alternative? I dont have a phoneline at the moment so I dont know what speeds other companys offer in the area. Im willing to get a phoneline but dont want to commit before I know whats available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shankly09

'the speeds they can offer arent great'

Hi,

I just wanted to warn people before they take out an 18 month contract like I did with Fastcom that their speeds are really bad. I have just spend about 15 just trying to access an email. You can forget opening 3-4 tabs on the internet as its not worth it.

When they do their tests they promise really good speeds but this does not materialise. Also, I cancelled my DD as I was changing bank accounts and had to pay for one month by Debit Card- for the priviledge of which they charged an additional €3.00 for!!

When I was speaking to one of their customer service people and tried to express how unhappy I was with the service and might change - instead of trying to sort anything out she said 'you know you are in a contract for 18 months which you have only recently taken out' - so tough luck basically.

Its up to people themselves and unfortunately this may be the only avenue available for a lot of people 'out the country' like myself but wanted to let people know so they can look in to other options before signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Personally i couldnt say enough good things about fastcom.
    Im based in North Sligo.
    Getting the advertised speed and more consistently.
    Way, way too expensive alright, but my other options are zilch.

Sorry OP i dont know of alternatives re fastcom in ballisodare.
    You could do a line check for the chinese or super value or something to see what kinda speeds their promising, but obviously actual experience advice would be better.

Advertisement