Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simple speaker advice?

• 27-08-2010 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

OK,
    im a total virgin when it comes to sound systems etc. I have an IaMM nthd36 multimedia player and I have jusy bought a new acer h5360 projector to replace my old NEC lt 180 which just gave up the ghost after 6 years good service. Now on my old projector i could connect using the Red, white and yellow cables and then plug my old PC speakers into the 3.5 audio out jack on the projector and have decent stereo sound. Problem is there is no audio out to put the jack in on the new projector and there is nowhere on the iamm multimedia box to plug that 3.5 jack into. I see the iamm has all sorts of connectivity options though. I use the y pb pr cables to connect to the projector. there are also the audio out jack at the back of the iamm. Question is do i now need an amp to plug into those jacks on the iamm and then plug speakers to the amp or are there other cheaper options available to me? cant really afford an expensive amplifier right now. Also if i want to plug an old dvd player to the acer h5360 what are my options? plug th yellow cable to the projector and the red/white from the old dvd into another device??? Not looking for a kickass solution. I have a set of 5.1 pc speakers (pink,green and black jacks) also that if poss i wouldn't mind using.
    Any advice appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

your old projector probably had a small amp for audio out which would drive pc speakers but your new projector do not so you need some power amp for audio amplification your 5.1 system may have and amp and audio input terminals:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Sparkyd2002

The 5.1 speakers are just for a PC so no amp :( I think I will just need to bite the bullet and invest in an amp to plug the devices into.....Thanks for the reply. i will start trying to learn about amps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Sparkyd2002

Got this Sony HTFS3 Home Cinema Kit in argos.Has an optical in so takes sound direct from my media jukebox and does the trick nicely. Its only a 2.1 but sound quality from it is superb so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

as you are using a projector i am surprised you dont go a bit farther and use a 5.1 surround system as you obviously have a large screen but if you are happy good for you

Advertisement