Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Easons today...

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Every payday I make a habit of buying some design orientated reference book. Does anyone have a book that they swear buy in their library?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Sitepoint books are good if you haven't come across them before. You can usually download sample chapters free.

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/library/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

"Don't Make Me Think" Steve Krug. (User Interface design)
    "Designing Without Tables Using CSS" 2nd edition. (Sitepoint book)
    "50 Ways to Make Google Love Your Website". (SEO)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

chakotha wrote: »
    Sitepoint books are good if you haven't come across them before. You can usually download sample chapters free.

http://www.sitepoint.com/books/library/

Oops I forgot about the thread title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

2nd vote here for Don't Make Me Think (Steve Krug) and his latest book Rocket Surgery Made Easy

plus

Prioritizing Web Usability (Jakob Nielsen)
    Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks (Luke Wroblewski)
    Web Design For ROI (Lance Loveday)

Web content:
    Letting Go of the Words (Ginny Redish)

Out of those I found Don't Make Me Think and Prioritizing Web Usability to be the best.

I also have a book 'Landing Page Optimization' by Tim Ash - haven't started it yet but it's supposed to be pretty good.

Just ordered '50 Ways to Make Google Love Your Website', cheers JMCC

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Didn't make it there in the end but will drop by and get the most advised one "dont make me think"

• Advertisement
Advertisement