Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming of Lexepor Cold Turkey

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey
    I have been on 15mg of Lexepro for a year now. About two weeks ago I came off it cold turkey only because I had no money to buy any.
    I am in hell, I cannot stop crying, I feel like I have flu, I cannot sleep, i am on edge and very jittery and feel like I am in some nightmare, I have such anger inside of me too -
    I wish this to stop - I paid now so I can buy some again but how long until I am ok again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I did this. Its really hard iw ont lie but manageable. i came of 20mg. Dont be suprised when you start getting what can only be described as electric shocks inside your body. The come down is hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 synyster

Lexipro can be harsh
    i was on it for a long time and when i came off it i was VERY sick
    and i swear i will never do that again
    and they say you will see improvement within two weeks of starting it
    hope you feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hi Karen, my mum is coming off lexapro at the mo and going on to another anti depressent(apperently this one will help with the tropical moments while shes going thru the menapouse), the doc has told mum like whirlpool said to come off it very slowly+ if you use the same pharmacy most months, im sure if you find yourself stuck again they will be able to help you out, you dont have to buy a whole months supply at once, i know in the pharmacy where i work, people would often buy a week at a time when money is tight

hope you feel better soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 avkeskie

I was on it for a year but my DR knew I was sensitive to stopping suddenly, my advice, taper down over weeks as long as possible, even open the capsule and swallow half the little grains, then quarter the grains of a capsule, it worked for me,no electric shocks to the body, its worth it go back on it and reduce slowly slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭KarenR1981

OK I am Pregnant now and I want to come off lexapro

Doctor says they do not know how it will affect pregnancy - but I want off them I dont want to take risks

Doc suggested take a 15mg ever other day for the next two weeks but I would like to speed up coming off

any advice??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

KarenR1981 wrote: »
    OK I am Pregnant now and I want to come off lexapro

Doctor says they do not know how it will affect pregnancy - but I want off them I dont want to take risks

Doc suggested take a 15mg ever other day for the next two weeks but I would like to speed up coming off

any advice??

no advice will be given here whatsoever karen

speak to your doctor and take their advice

thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement