Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterproof cast covers

Options
  • 27-08-2010 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi,
    i need to buy a waterproof cast cover asap,as ive a holiday coming up. does anyone know where i can buy one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RDunagan

The problem is that your skin will continue to perspire and perspiration may increase with a cast cover because they don't breathe.

The root problem is moisture, and the fact is that the primary cause of moisture is perspiration which becomes trapped in the cast lining. The CastCooler immediately drys this moisture. Without moisture, backteria does not grow and your cast does not itch or stink.

Many people report that they actually use the CastCooler to dry a completely saturated cast lining if you should get your cast wet or choose to rinse your cast lining (be sure to use a wet/dry vac).

Regards,

Rick
    www.castcooler.com
    skyler123 wrote: »
    hi,
    i need to buy a waterproof cast cover asap,as ive a holiday coming up. does anyone know where i can buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

skyler123 wrote: »
    hi,

Most large chemist will have these, or can order one in for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JenJess

I recently broke my ankle and was able to get a waterproof cast cover from my local chemist hope that answers your question.

In relation to this injury i am starting college soon and hopefully getting a new social life too am just wondering if anyone knows if i will not be allowed access into clubs on my crutches?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

JenJess wrote: »
    I recently broke my ankle and was able to get a waterproof cast cover from my local chemist hope that answers your question.

In relation to this injury i am starting college soon and hopefully getting a new social life too am just wondering if anyone knows if i will not be allowed access into clubs on my crutches?

They can't stop you going into pubs and clubs. It will be discrimation if you weren't allowed in

Advertisement