Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One or two pumps.

• 27-08-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I plan on getting an oil burner added to my heating system. I'm currently using a solid fuel stove with a back boiler but want to get a bit more flexibility added to the system for those times when a bit of instant heat is needed. Question is will I need to add another pump for the oil boiler or is it Ok to use just the one pump for both boilers. Cheers Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The one pump will be ok IF-the oil burner cannot be started without the pump being on.the easiest way to do this that i found is to,have a switch to turn on the pump,from the connector block in the pump take the power feed for the oil burner,put a switch on that feed (if you mount the two switch beside each other it keeps it handy),so now you can turn on the pump for your solid fuel fire,need more heat turn on the oil boiler,if you try and turn on the oil boiler without the pump nothing will happen,oil boiler without the fire,turn on both switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭xt40

you need a pump at the boiler that is wired in with the boilers main power feed . it will either be pre-fitted in something like a warmflo or cost cost you 40 - 80 euro depending on the brand. it would be very stupid to bodge it with a silly switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Not doing it to save money, more a can it be done type of question and if not why not.

Advertisement