Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who ep 6x03 - The Invasion

Options
  • 27-08-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Not a lot of thoughts on it, just thought I'd get the ball rolling with a thread.

Was enjoyable for the most part though I did feel it dragged a lot in the middle, could probably have done with being shorter than 8 eps. It started off strongly with the mystery and threat surrounding IEM, then descended into a bad James Bond film with the Doctor dropping in and out as if he had the front door key and cheesy moments like "we meet again, Doctor". It finished strongly enough though.

I enjoyed Troughton as the Doctor. I didn't enjoy the companions as much as the First Doctor companions. I warmed to Jamie over the course of the serial, but Zoe wrecked my head somewhat. Was good having the Brigadier there.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pretty much what Stark said.

I do like the way they hid who was doing the invasion (something that the Radio Times spoilt at the time). The enemy were quite creepy as they marched around London.
    The story could have been trimmed - for example, they could have cut down on the UNIT gun fights.

I've always liked Jamie as a companion. He does a great example of honest and innocent. No deceit, nor is he too cocky or loud mouthed like some of the more recent examples. He works very well off of Troughton.
    Zoe I was never really convinced of - she's meant to be smart (such as that ridiculous ALGOL scene), but never convinces here.
    I would have liked to have seen the return of Professer Travers here but, alas, it didn't happen.

Also there's a certain 10th Doctor 2-parter that is somewhat of a homage to this story.

Advertisement