Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower and Limescale

Options
  • 27-08-2010 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but I need help!

Have a Triton shower and my showerheads keeps getting clogged up with limescale. I bought a new "self-cleaning" one on Wednesday and it's already clogged and broken. That's probably my fifth showerhead this year and I'm fed up! Shower is a year old so any ideas?

The rest of my appliances are ok - relatively speaking. Yes there is some limescale in my kettle, iron etc but nothing like what's happening with the showerheads and I've never had to replace my kettle in 4 years in the house.

Would appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Must have serious lime problems so. Maybe install a water softener?? Plumbing may be a better place to post this thread

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

why not buy some citirc acid powder in your local chemist and clean them out yourself.

5 min job

K

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Leave the shower head soaking in vinegar over night, that'll unclog it, but you will need a more permanant solution, such as a water softner.

Advertisement