Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

At last value for motorhome owners

• 27-08-2010 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi my Partner and I came across what we think has to be what Ireland's motorhome owners have been looking for in Ireland to deal with the issue of waste, water and electrics whilst travelling Kerry last weekend and I feel that I should share it with you all..

We where on the road from Kenmare in Kerry going to Banty in Cork when out of the blue, we saw what we can only say was a sign like the ones in France we look for all the time to tell us that there is an Aire de service.

We stopped turned around and went into the drive way which opened up in to a large forecourt and there was everything that we needed fresh water waste and electrics. Waste was free and water was €2 so we put the €2 in the box and filled up on fresh water

Sadly the owners where not at home so we did not get a chance to meet them but there was a notice board that had a website address on it so when we got home we looked it up and on the site it tells there story and gives all the prices the web site is www.irelandmotorhomeservices.com

Has anyone else seen this or stopped?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Fair play to them, I really hope it works out for them.

Makes me think a visit to Kerry is on. 'If you build it they will come.' Oh did I just say that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Fair play,i wish them luck and hope to see more of them,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Thats excellent , may it go forth and multiply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Now theres a plan.....best wishes in the new venture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Fair play to them.

However, is there planning permission required for this sort of thing? Rates? Insurance etc?
    I would hate to see them getting in trouble for providing what local councils should provide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

650Ginge wrote: »
    Fair play to them, I really hope it works out for them.

Makes me think a visit to Kerry is on. 'If you build it they will come.' Oh did I just say that

a visit to kerry is always on, someof the nicest places and scenery you'll find. And that includes internationally, we just take it for granted a bit becaue it's in ireland. If i could find some work aywhere south of killarney i'd move there, been my second home, and i guess my spiritual home my entire life really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    a visit to kerry is always on, someof the nicest places and scenery you'll find. And that includes internationally, we just take it for granted a bit becaue it's in ireland. If i could find some work aywhere south of killarney i'd move there, been my second home, and i guess my spiritual home my entire life really

+1 !! Hard to beat kerry if you have the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Funny, I've always put off going to Kerry because of negative publicity here with regards to motorhomes.

Advertisement