Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fillet steak price per KG?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Just noticed this morning that my local butchers are running a promotion at the minute with 25% off the price of a full fillet of beef, anyone know what would be a good price for beef fillet per KG taking into account the 25% reduction before I go and buy it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Liamo08 wrote: »
    Just noticed this morning that my local butchers are running a promotion at the minute with 25% off the price of a full fillet of beef, anyone know what would be a good price for beef fillet per KG taking into account the 25% reduction before I go and buy it?

Depends on the butcher and quality of the cut- but EUR25 per kg for good fillet wouldnt be far off the mark- more perhaps from an artisan butcher.......

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

smccarrick wrote: »
    Depends on the butcher and quality of the cut- but EUR25 per kg for good fillet wouldnt be far off the mark- more perhaps from an artisan butcher.......

Cheers for that, I ended up paying €31/Kg, not too cheap but the meat is good quality so happy enough to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Musgraves have it on special at the moment €14kg fresh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

wyndham wrote: »
    Musgraves have it on special at the moment €14kg fresh.

Wholesale or retail- and if retail- where?

Cheers,

S.

Advertisement