Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tottenham v wigan match thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I said respect, not worship.

It is possible to be respectful to somebody you do not like, for example I think calling one of our players a twat is a pretty twatish thing to do, but I wouldn't call you a twat for doing it.

And if 'Arry doesn't like drinking during the season why hasn't Ledley been turfed out on his arse? His continued inclusion in our team on a one-game-in-three basis arguably damages the team in the long term by denying Seb and Dawson the chance to develop a working relationship.

I hope for everyone's sake we manage to get a new striker in by Tuesday, because the cold shoulder Keane is getting can only hurt us if we're left with a half-crocked Defoe and two big units as our striking options.

i cant call a spurs player a twat even if i think he is one ? just cos i support spurs. dont be nieve ronan,i also support my local gaa hurling team and believe me there are plenty twats in that team, but it dosent stop me supporting them.

i agree you can respect someone you do not like, as i said i used to respect him but when he moved on to greener pastures when spurs wasnt enough for him i lost that respect.

some people seem to have a thing for him, thats fair enough, maybe its because he is irish or something. the same way that roy keane cant do anything wrong in cork peoples eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mickman wrote: »
    i cant call a spurs player a twat even if i think he is one ? just cos i support spurs. dont be nieve ronan,i also support my local gaa hurling team and believe me there are plenty twats in that team, but it dosent stop me supporting them.

We could do without support like yours.

maybe i went too far with my posts

apologies to any keane fans. wont be saying any more on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

My final words on Robbie Keane, wether he leaves for good or not, he is a Spurs Hero in my eyes, always will be.

We could do without support like yours.

had my post written before i saw this

not on ronan, we are all entitled to be spurs fans and to voice our opinions on players etc.

• Advertisement

ruiseal wrote: »
    Point I was making was that he was very well paid for what he did at Spurs, not like he did it out of the goodness of his heart or anything.

So because players get paid for playing we shouldn't show a little respect for their achievements?

I suppose that applies to Mackay, Blanchflower, Greaves, Villa, Ardiles, Hoddle, Gazza etc etc etc?

Eh, no.

had my post written before i saw this

not on ronan, we are all entitled to be spurs fans and to voice our opinions on players etc.

Calling a Spurs player a twat is not on, if you can't see the logic of that then I can't help you.

Calling a Spurs player a twat is not on, if you can't see the logic of that then I can't help you.

help me? im not looking for help at all . i thought this forum was for spurs fans to come on and have a discussion about various things, where they could have free speech on club matters that they feel strongly about and use whatever words they choose to .

obviously i was wrong

help me? im not looking for help at all . i thought this forum was for spurs fans to come on and have a discussion about various things, where they could have free speech on club matters that they feel strongly about and use whatever words they choose to .

obviously i was wrong

Who is denying you free speech?

You choose to use abusive terms to refer to a player at the club, I call you on that.

If you want to have free speech then at least be able to deal with it when it comes back at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Gone fairly off-topic here...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

So because players get paid for playing we shouldn't show a little respect for their achievements?

I suppose that applies to Mackay, Blanchflower, Greaves, Villa, Ardiles, Hoddle, Gazza etc etc etc?

Eh, no.

Can't recall showing disrepect for any player's achievements. It's their job to score 100+ goals, they're well paid for it.
    And, as you brought up the subject of Blanchflower, MacKay, Greaves, etc., I don't remember any of those expressing a desire to leave WHL to join their boyhood heroes. Different breed of player.

Can't recall showing disrepect for any player's achievements. It's their job to score 100+ goals, they're well paid for it.
    And, as you brought up the subject of Blanchflower, MacKay, Greaves, etc., I don't remember any of those expressing a desire to leave WHL to join their boyhood heroes. Different breed of player.

You wouldn't have mentioned the earnings if you didn't mean it to reflect on Keane's time at the club.

And a vastly different time, when players held absolutely no power and clubs could retain their registration even after their contract had expired.

Hence why Bobby Moore never got to move to Spurs from West Ham, despite us expressing an interest (and Moore reciprocating) on more than one occasion.

Any other sticks you need to beat Keane with?

You wouldn't have mentioned the earnings if you didn't mean it to reflect on Keane's time at the club.

And a vastly different time, when players held absolutely no power and clubs could retain their registration even after their contract had expired.

Hence why Bobby Moore never got to move to Spurs from West Ham, despite us expressing an interest (and Moore reciprocating) on more than one occasion.

Any other sticks you need to beat Keane with?

Sounds like something you'd hear from the women on Big Brother.

Sounds like something you'd hear from the women on Big Brother.

I wouldn't know, I don't watch bollox like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

obviously i was wrong

for what its worth i completely agree 100% , should be all about free speech on club matters , we should never have taken keano back after he up'd and left us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

BERBA wrote: »
    for what its worth i completely agree 100% , should be all about free speech on club matters , we should never have taken keano back after he up'd and left us.

nobody is denying anyone free-speech but if you put down a spurs player... 9 times out of 10 you will get slatted for it, were on an irish spurs forum here , there will always be more people who respect keane then disrespect....

post a controvertial reply and expect to get put down for it...

Emoran wrote: »
    nobody is denying anyone free-speech but if you put down a spurs player... 9 times out of 10 you will get slatted for it, were on an irish spurs forum here , there will always be more people who respect keane then disrespect....

post a controvertial reply and expect to get put down for it...

i agree , nobody denying the fact he got 100+ goals for us , but he was getting 60k a week in the process , the first sign of something better coming along he ups and leaves , not to mention the piss up in dublin , orgainser & club captain and all that.

You should try it some time. It's where everyone gets to have an opinion which is listened to.

And, to get back on track, I probably love Spurs as much (if not more ) than you.......my opinion. :D

You should try it some time. It's where everyone gets to have an opinion which is listened to.

And, to get back on track, I probably love Spurs as much (if not more ) than you.......my opinion. :D

you might get banned for having an opinion ;)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzbump.

• Advertisement

1984.... Big Brother..... "that Bollox".....comes to mind. :D

1984.... Big Brother..... "that Bollox".....comes to mind. :D

...George Orwell etc....and btw, this has nowt to do with Spurs Vs Wigan, which is what the thread was supposed to be about.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzbump.

.........you falling outa bed?

I'm off. Good night.

please dont use bad language on the site, it upsets me

Jeepers, I missed all this handbags last night.
    Some silly things been said about Robbie. Nobody is perfect, and robbie maybe regrets one or two things he has done, but he doesn't deserved to be hung, drawn and quartered over it. Jesus look at everything he has done at Spurs since he signed, and here he is getting unjustified stick in my opinion :rolleyes:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Jeepers, I missed all this handbags last night.
    Some silly things been said about Robbie. Nobody is perfect, and robbie maybe regrets one or two things he has done, but he doesn't deserved to be hung, drawn and quartered over it. Jesus look at everything he has done at Spurs since he signed, and here he is getting unjustified stick in my opinion :rolleyes:

hatch, he has done very very little since harry showed faith in him and rescued him from his disaster at liverpool

to repay that faith in harry, keane organised the piss up in dublin as club captain. To me that is unforgivable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

i agree , nobody denying the fact he got 100+ goals for us , but he was getting 60k a week in the process , the first sign of something better coming along he ups and leaves , not to mention the piss up in dublin , orgainser & club captain and all that.

same goes for every single professional player in the world. do you really think that when Defoe was at pompey if one of the tehn Big 4 came in for him he'd have ended up back at Spurs? Would Pav have joined us if Wenger wanted him? No chance.
    Keane has done well for us over the years. His goalscoring record speaks for itself but he's past his best and if we can move him on and replace him with someone better (not a Rasiek, Fraser Campbell type) we should do so.

hatch, he has done very very little since harry showed faith in him and rescued him from his disaster at liverpool

to repay that faith in harry, keane organised the piss up in dublin as club captain. To me that is unforgivable

You say he has done very little, has he got many chances ? Harry said he was our best player in pre-season, yet we are one down to Wigan at home, he makes 3 changes, and Robbie is still picking splinters.

Listen, I dont agree with the whole Dublin thing, if you look back over posts, I lost the plot on here when I found out about it, but cmon, to say it's unforgiveable is a silly thing to say. There is things going on in the world today that are unforgiveable, I wont go in to them as this is not the place, but trust me, they are a lot worse than what Robbie done.

I think he has been treated poorly recently at Spurs.

• Advertisement

Advertisement