Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Spurs Issues

Options
  • 27-08-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I'm in season 15/16 in FM10 - just approaching the summer break and all is looking good for Spurs dominating across the boards for another year. However, I've notice a number of issues starting to set in with the squad:

The team is getting old and the younger players available just don't seem to be able to cut it against the big boys.

The drive for success with the team has dropped with the team winning every trophy possible for the last 4 years. They just don't seem that interested.

I'm wondering if you guys could suggest some players in the 2016 season who would spice the team up? I'm particularly looking for left midfield, right midfield and defence. The scouts are rubbish - only ever recommend players that teams won't sell unless I pay stupid money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm in the same year with my Leeds team at the min, to be honest alot of my up and coming players are made up of regens all under the age of 25. I've found that keeping a mix in the side is the best balance, a young team won't have enough expierience to overcome the big boys in the big games, and an old team won't have enough drive or spirit. So I use my strongest team for europe and big matchs but will always try play some of my young players anytime I can and am confident were going to win or in front, this way in years to come they will have the expierience to be top players in these games.

Example of this is a guy called Mattew Killganon who Is signed back in League one and has been at the club ever since, he is now 32 and stats are in decline. With my backline being so strong he rarely played this season, but what he does bring is expierience to that young back line. Played him because of an injury in a few games and he has scored some very important headers for me and his rating is second best in the team.

So I would try playing some of the younger players in bigger matchs early with the expierience of the older ones giving balance. If your struggling in any particular position let me know and i'll try advise a player or two to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Are you cheating at all? every trophy possible in the last 4 season? little savin goin on before important matches? I've done it (without cheating I might add), but 4 times in a row? Anyway, i'm not here to judge... in my opinion I would have lost drive if I was playing the game and I kept winning everything, take a step back down a league or two, put a bit of enjoyment back in the game, build a smaller team up, even go to the championship if you feel more comfortable. Maybe if you are winning everything it is the fact that your using your best players and not getting the youths involved enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Without cheating, I've had seasons where I've won everything, simply because with a solid tactic, and inevitably better transfer policy, you'll rarely lose more than 5% or so of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its down to their rigid reputation system, which doesnt work when a club is punching well above their weight. Even if your club achieves spectacular things you get the cliches that are associated with when you first started.

They've changed this for FM11 but no doubt it will take a couple of revisions to get anyway playable long term

Advertisement