Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 60D?

• 27-08-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi guys, did not know that Canon had released the 60D but apparently its available off calumet's uk site:
    http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/321-349APRE/
    Just wondering, and in light of the current thread about the 7D, what the difference between the 60D and 7D is? I presume they are both aimed at sports etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Was only announced yesterday, there are a few threads on it and the new lens aslo announced if you look back a bit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

60D has much slower fps.

It probably won't be in the shops until Dec.

I haven't fully reviewed the specs, but I think the 7D would be a better choice for sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Paulw wrote: »
    60D has much slower fps.

It probably won't be in the shops until Dec.

I haven't fully reviewed the specs, but I think the 7D would be a better choice for sport.

Cheers Paul, I guess I will keep an eye on it; some of the specs seem similar enough to the 7D but lower fps would definitely be a negative in this regards. Seems strange that the 60D wasnt released before the 7D though doesnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

When the 7D came out it moved the X0D franchise to a lower value for any more models to come out.
    The 60D has a plastic body like the XX0D models because otherwise it would pretty much be a 7D with a lesser FPS give or take other little specs such as the AF etc...
    A dissapointment Id say :(

Advertisement