Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Letterkenny

Options
  • 27-08-2010 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they are trading yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

have they taken over from curry's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It never closed for business, its partitioned off just shop is small at the minute not all the laptops accesories are on shelves yet but they are open, no tv's or anything in there when i was in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

It did a pretty good job of looking closed! I was there a couple of weeks ago and the lights were off, doors locked, not a single product to be seen!

Just a sign on the door saying PC World coming soon.

It did a pretty good job of looking closed! I was there a couple of weeks ago and the lights were off, doors locked, not a single product to be seen!

Just a sign on the door saying PC World coming soon.

Ah right, i was under the impression they didnt close at all, was in this week and 3 weeks ago, wasnt closed wither time then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

the whole place was blocked off the last day so i assume they are closed

• Advertisement

inode wrote: »
    the whole place was blocked off the last day so i assume they are closed

lol im only after aying they were open i was in there this week! half the shop is partitioned off but they stull have stuff (mainly laptops out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

From what I've heard, theyre sharing the building with Currys so both shops will be open. I'm looking for a new laptop at the moment so probably wait until the place opens fully before buying anything

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Aye, I think a lot of the Currys stuff is now upstairs, so shop is spread across two floors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Guys, I can give you a clear picture on this. The new store will open toward the end of September. Current target is the 23rd/ 24th but safer to call it for the end of the month. It's one of four that we're doing in a combined Currys / PC World format this year, the others being Blanchardstown and Airside in Dublin and Cork. We'll end up with a full PC World format in Letterkenny and we're really looking forward to it. The store is very partially opened, with an emphasis on partially, but it gives you some idea as to what the finished product will look like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

When the new store opens, can one expect that there will be opening offers on such things as laptops and accessories?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

tatabubbly wrote: »
    When the new store opens, can one expect that there will be opening offers on such things as laptops and accessories?? :)

I am thinking of getting a new laptop in the near future. How much of a saving can be made from their opening offers.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thought I was tracking the thread. Still getting used to it...

Yes you can expect the full shilling in opening offers. We did it this weekend in Blanchardstown and had serious queues. Queueing started at 15.00 on Saturday for the Sunday offers. Have a look at the thread on it in bargain alerts to give you an idea of the deals. We'll have the same sort of idea in limited stock offers, probably not in the same numbers as in Blanch as Letterkenny is a smaller store, but in decent enough numbers anyway. If you're happy to do a bit of queueing there will be a lot of value but I would expect Letterkenny to be a bit less work than at Blanchardstown in the queueing stakes. You can expect the grand opening activity in the latter half of October. I'm still waiting for a confirmed date. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

a very long wait for those in need of a computer..let's hope the wait is worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

ootbitb wrote: »
    a very long wait for those in need of a computer..let's hope the wait is worthwhile
    Nobody's forcing you to wait. There are plenty of other places to buy from in the meantime if it's so urgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Pique wrote: »
    Nobody's forcing you to wait. There are plenty of other places to buy from in the meantime if it's so urgent.

They've about 15 laptops on sale in there now, good offers too.

Happy to report that the store opens tomorrow morning. Looks well, the laptop range has increased from 20 odd to 70. There's a much expanded desktop range and Apple is there too. And so is Ipad. Would appreciate any feedback

What time's it open at? Planning on getting a laptop so might take a run down tomorrow some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

no fanfare so no bargains?

Opens at 09.30 this morning We're not doing any grand opening stuff for the moment but I think there'll be no shortage of decent choice and value

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Opens at 09.30 this morning We're not doing any grand opening stuff for the moment
    That just shows a certain amount of contempt for Donegal people imo.

Didn't see you post the same when you had one of your stores open In Dublin (?) recently.

• Advertisement

You're misunderstanding me. We've just opened the store this morning and the grand opening will come later. We did exactly the same in the dublin stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

So we can expect something like this before the end of the month :)

There'll be a big opening event to encourage as many people as possible to visit the store. We haven't finalised the timing or the details yet

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

We've just opened the store this morning and the grand opening will come later.
    Im sure that the locals will be glad to hear that

Still a few decent offers today, got me a new Acer laptop with €100 off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

There'll be a big opening event to encourage as many people as possible to visit the store. We haven't finalised the timing or the details yet

Sooo? Update on big opening event?

Couple of weeks yet. We'll be all over Highland when it comes, so no worries on hearing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Couple of weeks yet. We'll be all over Highland when it comes, so no worries on hearing about it

Highland? I'll be missing it then so...

Is there a more cost effective way of reaching a wide audience in Donegal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

YOu might reach a large number of people in Donegal with highland radio yes but is it the right demographic that you are aiming for?

Now i'm not saying that the only people that listen to Highland are old biddys with cats as friends but a lot of them are. Best thing maybe would be an online challange of some kind?

Relatively cheap, not as cheap as a radio ad yes i know but you get the word out there and get people talking.

Advertisement