Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Letterkenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Tell you what I'll do ( and this responds to the online challenge bit ) best slogan for the t shirt gets another € 100 off whatever deal we're doing on a TV, Laptop, Domestic Appliance and so on. You'll need to be spending € 200 minimum.

Front: Massive Opening Bargains*

Back: *does not apply to Letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

irish1967 wrote: »
    Think it may be time to invest in a nice new laptop. Is there any finance deals available ??
    No finance available I'm afraid. We used to deal with a finance provider but all that changed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

pcc.jpg

pcc2.jpg

And before anyone says it... all the county is covered just hadn't time to colour all the bits in

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

And before anyone says it... all the county is covered just hadn't time to colour all the bits in
    I'm just disappointed you left Lifford out there. Tut tut

• Advertisement

pcc2.jpg

Now that's worth € 100 off ! I'll keep the marketing department out of the loop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

I have to say that I'm intrigued by this refund plus 10% of the difference offer... Hope I can give the real world example to find out what exactly happens

My ink bought in local shop €47 - yes it is genuine ink from printer manufacturer
    In PC World €57
    difference is €10.

Now from what I've read here if I take advantage of the 10% offer then PC world will sell me the Ink @ €46. Saving me a whole €1....
    Is this correct?

Also will PC world then sell the ink to everyone at that price or just me?

What's the ink and where's the shop ?

The ink is Canon 40 & 41, Shop is CCS in Donegal Town.

Charge £38 Stg in PC World in UK....
    Charge €43 plus shipping in Vikingdirect

Can't check online for pcworld in ireland keep getting directed to pcworld.co.uk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Irish1967 - you have WAY too much time on your hands! :D Either that, or you should have a job in marketing and design. I hope you get at LEAST €100 off whatever you want at PC World and Currys.

• Advertisement

Firblog wrote: »
    The ink is Canon 40 & 41, Shop is CCS in Donegal Town.

Charge £38 Stg in PC World in UK....
    Charge €43 plus shipping in Vikingdirect

Can't check online for pcworld in ireland keep getting directed to pcworld.co.uk...

Apologies to everyone, esp Curry's Declan: I got my figures completely wrong I was accusing PCworld of being overpriced for selling @ €57 for the set of Canon Ink.... well I was wrong, was in Letterkenny yesterday and re-checked the price, they aren't selling them @ €57 as stated throughout my posts, instead they are selling them @ €59! that's actually 25%+ above the price I pay in my local store!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

thinking i should get some popcorn ready for the way this thread is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It'll be interesting to see the reply to Fireblog's last post.

Firblog wrote: »
    Apologies to everyone, esp Curry's Declan: I got my figures completely wrong I was accusing PCworld of being overpriced for selling @ €57 for the set of Canon Ink.... well I was wrong, was in Letterkenny yesterday and re-checked the price, they aren't selling them @ €57 as stated throughout my posts, instead they are selling them @ €59! that's actually 25%+ above the price I pay in my local store!
    Obvious glee there Firbolg. And I'm very pleased too. In fairness we don't price check against retailers in Donegal, so if a local retailer is taking a price position against us or anyone else and can afford to do so, then fair dues. That's the nature of competition. Where we will benchmark is where we see retailers with a range offering similar to ourselves, the obvious cases being Harvey Norman and Argos. When I look at the Argos price for this product I see € 45, so it's clear that we're way overpriced on it. That's the value of the price promise as an intelligence system, something's gone awry with the pricing and we will be making the necessary adjustment. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Obvious glee there Firbolg. And I'm very pleased too. In fairness we don't price check against retailers in Donegal, so if a local retailer is taking a price position against us or anyone else and can afford to do so, then fair dues. That's the nature of competition. Where we will benchmark is where we see retailers with a range offering similar to ourselves, the obvious cases being Harvey Norman and Argos. When I look at the Argos price for this product I see € 45, so it's clear that we're way overpriced on it. That's the value of the price promise as an intelligence system, something's gone awry with the pricing and we will be making the necessary adjustment. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ah no.. no glee here, just knowing that I'm helping the PC World intelligence system is reward enough :D... strage to say the uk arm of PC world had the price spot on, obviously didn't share it with the irish arm :confused: Perhaps they view you as competition, seeing how they only a few miles away in Derry...

As for a local retailer taking a price position against you guys, well I bought my printer off them more than a year ago an have been paying the same for ink since - they're a tenner cheaper than another local retailer too; so don't feel too bad, their intelligence system is probably awry too..

Anyway as a reward for my diligence hope you'll give everyone on here the heads up on whatever offer PC world are putting on for the grand opening (something on/off 50" TV would be most appreciated:D)

Heads up's shall be provided. We're doing a leaflet drop which I saw a draft of yesterday. You can be rest assured there'll be something on a 50 " and it will be a tempting price drop

Dear god I thought I was in here early !!

The 08.00 to East Midlands Airport is what the early rise is about. Can get from Wicklow to the airport in 50 mins if I get out before 06.15. But can't resist seeing if customers or potential customers have been talking. Mind you, I thought that quality of life in Donegal kept 07.33 starts off the agenda !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The 08.00 to East Midlands Airport is what the early rise is about. Can get from Wicklow to the airport in 50 mins if I get out before 06.15. But can't resist seeing if customers or potential customers have been talking. Mind you, I thought that quality of life in Donegal kept 07.33 starts off the agenda !

ha ive a 7:05 out of belfast city tomorrow 3am wake up call woohoo so much for qulality of life (back on the 7pm one ) user group mtg in manchester

What time does the store open on Saturday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Can anyone tell me why there are no UK phone->RJ11 phone connectors in PCW in Letterkenny ?
    Just the UK->UK ones. UK phone extension lines. UK Phone double adapters. UK Phone Broadband filters.

Have we moved country that I didn't know about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Currys have their own interactive forum here on Boards and its best that all specific queries regarding stock etc are raised there.

What does the store open on Saturday ?
    We're open at 09.30 on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

What does the store open on Saturday ?

Its doors ? :pac:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Just got my grand opening leaflet through the door!!!!! Now to check out the offers, 15% off is looking pretty good to me!!

Selection of laptops is excellent. Bought an Acer Aspire there on Saturday. Won't be able to make it for the grand opening.
    Getting used to windows 7 here and wondering how I managed without 4gig of RAM.
    Staff were very friendly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Just got my grand opening leaflet through the door!!!!! Now to check out the offers, 15% off is looking pretty good to me!!

No sign of flyers this side of the Gap and the PCWorld.ie website is down.

Any door-opening specials?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

No sign of flyers this side of the Gap and the PCWorld.ie website is down.

Any door-opening specials?

15% off all instore-except apple,miele and coverplan. Valid from fri to sun this weekend. Only has a few things on flyer, showing the 15% off, I need a cooker and a camera as a present so must get down a run and see the prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

I have not got any leaflets yet. Im living in Letterkenny area.

Advertisement