Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Letterkenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You're not missing much without the leaflet, its only got a few items on it. 15% off everything from Friday to Sunday is all you need to know really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Do PC World/Currys offer any Student discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

15% off? WOW they really pushed the envelope with that... feel disgusted about missing out, no wait! isn't that less than the amount they were screwing everyone on the Ink?

Ah the generosity of PC World is obviously boundless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Firblog wrote: »
    15% off? WOW they really pushed the envelope with that... feel disgusted about missing out, no wait! isn't that less than the amount they were screwing everyone on the Ink?

Ah the generosity of PC World is obviously boundless
    You obviously haven't looked at PC World Essentials ink. That's about 15 % less than you're currently paying and about 40 % less than the branded option. The 15 % off weekend did very well and we had loads of people getting good value, not just the few who would have queued half the night

You obviously haven't looked at PC World Essentials ink. That's about 15 % less than you're currently paying and about 40 % less than the branded option.t

Ah yes the Essential Ink.... 15% cheaper than what I'm paying for the branded ink! WOW yet again... I can get compatible ink that is half the price of what I'm buying at the minute in the same shop where I buy the cheaply priced Genuine ink...
    haven't been up in LK in a few weeks, but from what you say I'm kinda figuring that you haven't dropped to price of the ink to what the rest of the world is charging...

Declan, think you should just give up mate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You obviously haven't looked at PC World Essentials ink.
    In all fairness now Firblog was referring to branded ink so perhaps you could stick to that point.

Hope nothing nasty has happened to Declan... seemed like a nice enough bloke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Think he just took your advice, Firblog :)

Declan, think you should just give up mate...

Or maybe his ink dried up and he faded away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I was in last week and they will not haggle at all, people like a haggle imo even €10 or €20 of a €400 or €500 item can make the difference and send a customer away happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Yep, have to agree!
    Nothing like "thinking" you got a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Dont bother trying to haggle. I agreed a price with a salesman on a sony tv of 500 euro and price was confirmed with his manager. I agreed to buy the television so the salesman got it from stock and we went to the checkout . I had my credit card ready to pay but when the salesman scanned the television it was coming up as costing 595 euros.
    It seems the computer said no.

At the time i was so disgusted that i walked out and told the salesman that he had wasted my time.

I,m sorry now that i didnt insist on agreed price.
    I will never be back.

jonnygee wrote: »
    I will never be back.
    Cant say I blame you. I had an awful experience there after buying faulty goods and I wouldn't set foot in the place again after the way I was treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Well, after deciding to give them the benefit of the doubt, go in and buy again-they just ruined it!
    Went down on Monday afternoon to check opening times for Tues, 9.30 opening-so after dropping herself to school off heads the 2 of us to buy a camera and a cooker. Get down at 9.30-sign on the door closed until 2 for stocktake(or something) Off we go, do our stuff, collect herself from school, back down at 2.15 to see they have changed 2pm to 3pm with a biro. So that was 2 wasted trips in one day, after checking the times to make sure. Himself is only home for a couple of days, and we(the eejits) spent the day waiting to get in. Needless to say thats me done now, I'd rather pay the extra to somewhere else, very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I havent bought anything from the one in letterkenny, but i was in the other day to have a look around, there is a hugh difference in the amount of stock available to the one in derry, the price is over the top compared to derry too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Declan, hi, a phone number is a great way of getting sales from people like me who actually want to buy a computer, actually want to buy it from Letterkenny due to the snowy conditions, know exactly which one they want and know that you had ten of them in store last week cause I was there. Yesterday the web site was down and when it came back up today the model I want isn't on despite the range being advertised on tv. Meantime I had been on the phone to the Leeds UK call centre through a number I found on these boards and can't find again, and they tried to call through direct to the store on a special magic number I'm not allowed to use, tried twice, failed and failed to find an Irish number At ALL. By the time you get this I'll probably just ahve got one from Derry where it is €19 less out of my pocket but I had wanted to pay cash instead of putting it on my card. So a phone number - great way of converting prospects into sales. Oh and a web site with the product on. That's live. I'm not peeved, just taking the time to feed this back as it may be of use to you. Even the call centre guy in Leeds was amazed.

Have to agree 100% with this - even if it's not icy or snowy I won't travel to Letterkenny (or anywhere really) if I can't determine by phone or online if what I'm looking for is in stock. That's one of the huge advantages that places like Argos and the Derry PC World/Currys stores have - you can reserve online in advance with no wasted journeys.

Currys/PC world have their own "talk to forum" on Boards.ie so perhaps anyone with a specific complaint would post there please. If you start a new thread in the "talk to" forum and want the above posts moved just let me know and I'll sort that for you.

Just for everyone's information: As Currys have their own dedicated forum there are certain constraints placed on their reps regarding posting in other forums and to that end I dont feel it appropriate for "Currys: Declan" to respond to individual queries in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

can we still Rant about them here?

danniemcq wrote: »
    can we still Rant about them here?
    If it's fair comment and of a general nature I dont see why not. For anything specific the "talk to" forum should be used though.

In any event if Currys: Declan wishes to respond to anything then I wont have a problem with any post of his that is beneficial to the wider community here in Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 alanlavender

yes please mr muffler, I would be grateful if you could move my last two posts to the new forum and start a thread there called "PC World/Currys 21% price hike". Thankyou for your response.

• Advertisement

yes please mr muffler, I would be grateful if you could move my last two posts to the new forum and start a thread there called "PC World/Currys 21% price hike". Thankyou for your response.
    That's sorted now Mr. Lavender ;)

Here's the new the new thread.

Well at least that one ended happily.... glad yer man bought in the locality an not from web... I may not be a fan of PCworld/Curry's, but at least they're employing people here who in turn spend their wages which employs ppl who.....etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nicoladuff

I have to report, I had a rather good experience today in PC World Lk today, I got served promptly by a really knowledgeable guy called ALex, who sold me a great Flip camcorder, he was on the ball and very patient! - Thumbs up

Nicoladuff wrote: »
    I have to report, I had a rather good experience today in PC World Lk today, I got served promptly by a really knowledgeable guy called ALex, who sold me a great Flip camcorder, he was on the ball and very patient! - Thumbs up
    Thanks. I'll pass the feedback on to Fred and the team in the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Thanks. I'll pass the feedback on to Fred and the team in the store.

did you pass on the negative feedback also :rolleyes:

did you pass on the negative feedback also :rolleyes:
    Of course. That's where the greatest value in boards is as you find out all the things that frustrate customers. If you're not prepared to welcome negative feedback openly and try to learn from it there's no value in being here

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

I
    s PC World Lk open boxing day?will there be a sale on if so?

mk2 wrote: »
    I
    s PC World Lk open boxing day?will there be a sale on if so?
    We certainly are and there certainly will be. We'll be doing our best to tempt you. I've signed off the deals at this stage and I hope when you see them on the 26th you'll be happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Not if you have paid more for same 2 days previously.

• Advertisement

I've signed off the deals at this stage and I hope when you see them on the 26th you'll be happy enough

A friend of mine told me her sister went to Curry's to buy a TV advertised as being on sale in Curry's, was told that they don't have it in Letterkenny, that it's only available in Dublin at that price... Is it possible that this is true?

Advertisement