Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Letterkenny

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Firblog wrote: »
    A friend of mine told me her sister went to Curry's to buy a TV advertised as being on sale in Curry's, was told that they don't have it in Letterkenny, that it's only available in Dublin at that price... Is it possible that this is true?
    No that wouldn't be true. Would appreciate any details you have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Don't have her number, will try to get in contact and find out what the story is...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dirac98

Went into PC World Letterkenny today (Sunday) at about 5.20 not that busy at that time of night, mooched up and down the netbooks having a play about with them, no one else was looking at them so had a clear run! Anyways point is I am in the market for buying one today or tomorrow and was ignored by all the sales people. So left after about 5 mins of button pushing. Also price labels were incorrect for the specific models on display (I think the Acers from memory) and had hand written prices on them and the printed prices crossed out. All in all a shoddy experience! Sorry will buy one tomorrow elsewhere.

Dirac98 wrote: »
    Went into PC World Letterkenny today (Sunday) at about 5.20 not that busy at that time of night, mooched up and down the netbooks having a play about with them, no one else was looking at them so had a clear run! Anyways point is I am in the market for buying one today or tomorrow and was ignored by all the sales people. So left after about 5 mins of button pushing. Also price labels were incorrect for the specific models on display (I think the Acers from memory) and had hand written prices on them and the printed prices crossed out. All in all a shoddy experience! Sorry will buy one tomorrow elsewhere.
    Thanks for taking the time to put that down. I've beend ealing with a lot of very positive customer comment today and this is a negative one. I'll pass an email right now to Fred and Michael, the store managers. They are proud gentlement and they'll be fuming.

Not much more to say other than sorry that we let you down. It's hard enough to get people to come into a shop these days, we should be hugging you..

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I like to wander into stores and look at the various products. What I hate is the over anxious sales person approaching me when I am only browsing.

If I want to get advice or buy I go and look for the sales person. So I suppose it is hard to please everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Have to agree with Danjo, Its a pet hate of mine when a sales member come up to you when your in for a browse, if you want help with something just call a staff member over, its not hard to do that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Also have to agree with Danjo. If I need to ask a question I would rather ask than have a staff member hovering over me. When I purchased my Acer all it took was a second of eye contact to get the help I needed. Laptop is excellent by the way !!

Must say that PC World had a great range on display, all switched on and ready to be tried out. My point was that although I had been "seen" by a couple of members of staff no one came and asked if i was ok or needed any help. Obviously I would not like to be pounced on either, but a friendly hello from a passing staff member would make a customer (well me) feel a lot more comfortable.
    Also on the positive side Declan got straight back to me so things are not all bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I'm sorry, but that's a bit of a silly criticism of the store (and I've no connection to the place!).

You were looking to buy, had a play for 5 mins and then left ?
    You didn't approach anyone and ask them for more info? I'm sure they'd have been on you like a shot, to try to persuade you to part with your hard-earned and walk off a happy customer.

I think if Fred & Michael hears about this from Declan, then they'll say the same.

Yes people do not want to be annoyed when they're just browsing, and sometimes staff can move too late to ask if assistance is required, and there is a fine line between the two, but to then leave without making the first move to ask for help, surely is no criticism of the staff.

If you were really in the mind to buy a laptop there and then, you'd have asked for assistance before walking off, IMO.

I am stating my experience today and my opinion.

"If you were really in the mind to buy a laptop there and then, you'd have asked for assistance before walking off, IMO." - Pique you are incorrect about that - wallet was ready!

Anyways, I felt I should express my view but it's no big deal. Interesting to get some feedback though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I am stating my experience today and my opinion.

"If you were really in the mind to buy a laptop there and then, you'd have asked for assistance before walking off, IMO." - Pique you are incorrect about that - wallet was ready!

Anyways, I felt I should express my view but it's no big deal. Interesting to get some feedback though.
    Sorry, that just doesn't wash with me. If I am ever in a shop and need assistance, I ask. Simple. Weird concept I know but it usually works. From reading your posts, it looks to me as if you have an agenda here. Seriously, you were in a shop and as you already said, you don't like being pounced on by staff but at the same time you could have used their help. Again, it's simple - ask one of them.

Pinged the feedback up to Fred and he's not pleased at all. Our own rule is that we should be engaging in some form with customers within 5 minutes of their entering our store. You'll find out fairly quickly whether someone wants to be left alone or not but there's only one way really to find out and that's to approach. So we'll take the criticism on the chin. Everyone's different...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Well here's some more feedback for you!
    I first met Fred over 16 years ago, when I moved into my new home, and he was a great help to me. Over the years, whenever I've been in the store, even if I was being served by someone else, he would come over and say "hello", and make sure I was being looked after. I have never met him, outside of the store, so it's not like we're pals or anything, so it's a fair and unbiased opinion when I say that I'd truely recommend anyone to deal there, especially with Fred as the manager.

Everyone can have bad days, even a store can appear hostile during quirky circumstances, but if you do experience a problem, or are not happy about something - then call the manager! Fred, imho, is a very approachable, friendly and conscientious person; you won't annoy him by complaining (I've done it a few times over the years!), in fact, he'll probably thank you!

Anyway, that's just my 2c ....

Well I have no agenda as per a previous post...I was looking for a pleasant buying experience. I went to PC World in Derry today with the intention of purchasing a machine having reserved online. Decided after seeing the machine in the flesh as it were to not buy it, and called by PC World again in LK just to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and in response to Declan's reply to give them another go. Well I must say all the price labels had been updated with new ones so no crossings out and handwritten prices, all the labels were in the correct places relating to the machines which they were underneath (they weren't yesterday) and a couple of new machines were on display that I hadn't seen yesterday.
    So to cut it short I did purchase a machine today from PC World in LK and am very happy with the deal.
    It was very busy in there today so queued at the cash desk to get an assistant (Catriona) to help me, which she did very well and then Fred sorted out the transaction for me, what a nice chap!
    I still feel correct in my critism from yesterday and I am pleased that it was taken on board and the prices/labels were sorted out. I guess it would not only have been me who was a bit confused by the mix up yesterday.
    Anyway, Thanks a lot Catriona, Fred, & Declan
    BTW I am not connected to any of the above mentioned people!

Thanks. That's very gratifying to read. We don't mind criticism, it stings a bit of course but it does prompt us to try to improve our business. And no surprise to me in the rapid response from Fred and the team.

Wouldn't be far worse if customers and potential customers were not telling you how you could get better ?Thanks for your feedback and for giving us another go !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 D2MAC

I purchased 2 TVs a few weeks before christmas in Curry's Letterkenny store. Having has a rather unpleasent experience in the Derry store a couple of years ago my expectations were not too high on my first visit to the new store.
    Over the course of the two transactions I dealt with a number of different staff and I found them to be friendly and very helpfull. I asked a few questions about Saorview and their answers were open, honest and importantly, informed.
    I then had a pricing query which Fred dealt with in a very positive and advantagous way (From my point of view). Fred even carried the TV from the store and placed it in the car.
    So can I say thank you and well done to Fred and his staff and maybe with well trained staff and good managers there is hope for Currys in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Thanks. That's very gratifying to read. We don't mind criticism, it stings a bit of course but it does prompt us to try to improve our business. And no surprise to me in the rapid response from Fred and the team.

Wouldn't be far worse if customers and potential customers were not telling you how you could get better ?Thanks for your feedback and for giving us another go !

Here's some advice:
    DON'T BE SO EXPENSIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Here's some advice:
    DON'T BE SO EXPENSIVE!

yeah, 20 euro for a iphone usb cable

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

they don't answer their phone the past two days wonderful service

Advertisement