Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foldable shoes

• 27-08-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can buy those shoes that fold up and fit in your handbag? I'm looking for a pair to save my feet on nights out...

Not willing to spend a huge amount though seeing as they'll spend most of the night in my bag rather than on my feet!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I've only ever seen them in Dunnes & Avon. (dunnes used to have em in boxes beside the tills)

I just bring a pair of Dunnes stores off the rails 7quid flats, they fit into all my bags and they have better soles on them than the folding ones, least I could walk from the pub to a taxi or what ever & know that if I did walk over something unware to me it wasn't gonna go right into my foot in an instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

I got some from Avon and they're quite comfy but a bit chunky when you fold them up. I saw them in Clerys recently but think they were around €35 I've also seen them on a website www.designsonu.ie I sometimes just use a cheap pair from Dunnes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Fran and Jane also stock them in a few colours but I think theyre around €20 mark!

Or you could try here!
    http://www.rollasole.com/uk/shop.php
    Ive 2 pairs of these and they are a god send!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

I think Arnotts might have what you're looking for.

Check this out:

http://www.arnotts.ie/Product/Redfoot%20Dita%20folding%20shoe/289075/SP600210110

opps forgot to say they're pretty expensive though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I think Arnotts might have what you're looking for.

Check this out:

http://www.arnotts.ie/Product/Redfoot%20Dita%20folding%20shoe/289075/SP600210110

opps forgot to say they're pretty expensive though !

They sell those in the Awear on Grafton Street as well, or at least they did the last time I was there!
    They are fairly expensive for what you're looking for though, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smoggy11

I got cheap ones in Pennys, I think they were 6 quid or about there. They were really good and folded up quite small (they fit into my ridiculous handbag anyway!)

There are ones you can get online called tipsy feet, you can get them online for about 20 quid and the wee bag they come in expands out for you to put your heels into.

I would just stick to pennys myself, but I'm skint! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

I bought a pair of the rollasole one's in new look a few months back for my college ball. good idea in theory but i may as well have been walking on paper soles, they would've been useless if i stood on anything sharp and my feet ended up hurting more than if i'd left my heels on!
    they were about €8 i think so you'd probably be better off getting the one's that are a little bit more expensive to save your footsies! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Hi All,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but any one know where these are sold nowadays? I need some for the weekend so online won't be any goo.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

GAP do some good ones, can be found in Arnotts, around €30 but leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I saw some in Dunnes the last time I was there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement