Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hey guys building a new gaming pc. My budget is €1200 but has to include a monitor in there also. I have OS keyboard mouse etc. Obviously the cheaper this comes out the better. I will be overclocking a lot so have to keep temps down. All prices from harwareversand.

CPU: i5-760 = 180.66
    MB: Gigabyte UD3 = 114.29
    CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 = 32.99
    RAM: 4gb Geil value 1600 = 93.46
    HDD: Samsung F3 1tb = 55.18
    PSU: Corsair HX650 = 114.87
    GPU: Palit gtx460 1gb = 196.26
    Case: Not sure
    Monitor: Not sure

So that comes to 786 without a case and monitor.

Will that psu be enough for overclocking maybe another drive or two and another gtx 460 in the future?

As for case I don't care what it looks like just as long as everything fits in there and is kept cool. Don't want to spend much on that. Any ideas?

Any ideas on a monitor? Something 1080p around 21" - 24". Has anyone tried 3D monitors are they just a fad?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement