Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redepmtion

• 27-08-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Bought this finally and all was well, until I got a notice that there was an update required, if I wanted to install.

So foolishly I installed, restarted the console and ta-da the game stopped working, xbox kept telling me the disc was dirty or to restart the console.

Queue minutes of swearing, so I removed the update and low and behold the game worked again

Anyone else experience a "bad upgrade" or something similiar - just wondering who to report it to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

If you clear the cache it will get rid of the update, happened to me on modern warfare 2. Just go to system>memory> and there should be a button to clear the cache. Then restart the xbox and update again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

If you clear the cache it will get rid of the update, happened to me on modern warfare 2. Just go to system>memory> and there should be a button to clear the cache. Then restart the xbox and update again.

already done that - just wondering where to report bad updates - in case others suffer from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Don't think there is tbh, you just need to delete it and download again.

Fecking great game btw, I was a late adopter as well so I missed out on all of the discussion threads:(

ok finished that game - any recommendations?

ph3n0m666 wrote: »
    ok finished that game - any recommendations?

finished in 2 days??? You sir are a legend

• Advertisement

hehehe nah not 2 days :) only posted about the bad update - have been playing it on and off for about a week - some people watch TV, I play xbox :)

So what next after Red Dead?

Have you tried Alan Wake?

Some good stuff coming up in Sept & Oct as well, like Dead Rising 2 and Fallout:New Vegas.

Have you tried Alan Wake?

Some good stuff coming up in Sept & Oct as well, like Dead Rising 2 and Fallout:New Vegas.

Fallout - yes
    Alan Wake - maybe
    Dead Rising 2 - there are only so many ways I can kill zombies and sstill be interested

Might go old school and get a copy of Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 or maybe Fallout 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mafia 2 was out last week, not quite the open world of Red Dead and much shorter, but still worth a look / rent if you can.

If you play fallout with all expansions to 100% your looking at over 140 hours.

Advertisement