Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth - Tom Price

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:39pm

Whats the best (by best i mean cheapest :) )way to the the Hammersly area from Perth?
    Also anything worth stopping to see along the way? Is Monkey Mia worth the diverson?

Anyone been to this area before, anything one should know about looking for regional work here for getting the 2nd year on the WHV?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Whats the best (by best i mean cheapest :) )way to the the mining areas around the Hamersly area from Perth?
    Also anything worth stopping to see along the way? Is Monkey Mia worth the diverson?

Anyone been to this area before, anything one should know about looking for regional work here for getting the 2nd year on the WHV?

I visited Kalgoorlie and it was cool, the locals were mighty craic and it was one of the best nights out we had in ages. Kalgoorlie is about 600kms inland from Perth and we hired a car and drove the 8 hours out there. The SuperPit is well worth investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Kalgoorlie is other end of the state...nowhere near Hammersely.
    Sending you PM OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Why Tom Price? Its a bit of a s%$thole! I worked there for a week and couldn't wait to leave it. The only thing thats good about it that its near Karijini national park. The best way to get to it would probably be to drive to Karratha and head inland from there.

aido79 wrote: »
    Why Tom Price? Its a bit of a s%$thole! I worked there for a week and couldn't wait to leave it. The only thing thats good about it that its near Karijini national park. The best way to get to it would probably be to drive to Karratha and head inland from there.

am looking for GIS/remote sensing/geocomputation work in mining/regional areas

Advertisement