Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I go fom 5830 to integrated?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I am assuming I do the following, correct me if I am wrong:
    1. Uninstall drivers completely
    2. remove card
    3. boot with DVI cable attached to integrated's DVI port.
    4. Install drivers.

Is this right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Sounds good, I'd also take a peak in the BIOS before removing the 5830 just in case you've disabled the onboard adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just done this and changed display from PEG to OnBoard, thanks for reminding me to do that.

I should be dropping the card down to Komplett tomorrow and ordering the 460 from Pix tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,264 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

your method is fine. I think in my blundering to do the oppossite though that Windows keeps seperate drivers for both: the IGP is disabled when the GPU is in though, so to the user's eye and to the OS's, its not there, so there's no conflict.

Whether you left the driver on or not would make no difference except obviously lightening a few megs of disk space.

Advertisement