Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where to get multiple 48 hour trials?

• 27-08-2010 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Have a visitor over regularly and all he does it play Modern Warfare online religiously. He's actually played it eight hours straight on occasion. Don't mind him playing on my profile, considering he's no internet at all even available where he lives, but last night I came home to find him in a modded game using a modded controller he'd brought over - not something I was too happy with. I don't know how well detected these modded controllers are or playing modded lobbies but I simply don't want him using them on my profile. Where could I get a handful of 48 hour trials? That way every time he comes over, he can use those on his own profile.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why not just ask him to pay the sub? If he comes over 10 times it's only €6 per game which is nothing if you ask me :)

*Edit: It works out less if you buy the 1 year sub with a subscription code instead of online, lots of places selling 12/13 months for €35*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Seannnny

I used to go into game stores and open Halo 3 boxes and just take them :P the local store didnt mind , i even told them what i was doing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Your console can be banned from live for using mods, not just your profile.So even if you use them on a different profile all the accounts will be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ShaneU wrote: »
    Your console can be banned from live for using mods, not just your profile.So even if you use them on a different profile all the accounts will be banned.

Was just about to post the same thing. Don't let him do it again and hope it's not too late because you're console could already be tagged for banning in the next ban-hammer roll out this Autumn by MS's enforcer, Stepthen Toulouse. This will probably happen just before the next big update which will around the time of Halo Reach's release.

The bad news is, if you get the console banned, just because you're friend did it won't be enough to get the ban lifted. All XBL privilages will be stopped and the remaining ter on your Live account will be forfeit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Was just about to post the same thing. Don't let him do it again and hope it's not too late because you're console could already be tagged for banning in the next ban-hammer roll out this Autumn by MS's enforcer, Stepthen Toulouse. This will probably happen just before the next big update which will around the time of Halo Reach's release.

The bad news is, if you get the console banned, just because you're friend did it won't be enough to get the ban lifted. All XBL privilages will be stopped and the remaining ter on your Live account will be forfeit.
    I thought the next big update would be for kinnect so that more people would get a new xbox a bit closer to christmas and to keep playing black ops/halo :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

theres probaly a big reason why he cnt get broadband access in his area lol fookin chancer id bate the head off him for tryin it on in the 1st place little whuur id give him mordern warfare two haha box n disc straight up the rectum wit no liube and a steel booty to finish the job off nacker with no respect >.................. fook him if he has a problem with it send him over to my house:Dlol

Advertisement