Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The importance of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu federation in Ireland

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I would like to start it, congratulating all the BJJ teacher here in Ireland, I and I have involved with since 1996, I have realized that there is a huge need of a BJJ Federation here in Ireland. Hence it would benefit all involved, students, teacher and promoters, since the sport is growing and growing. To make such thing possible, I have came through this to ask the support of all of you, only together we can do it and enhance the sport standards in this country, as well as regulate it, thus making events safer and more professional. I would like to hear and share the opinion of you all in regard to the creation of the Irish BJJ Federation. Thank you for the attention and hope to hear from you soon.

Teacher Cesar Morcegao

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I didn't want to release it yet since it's still being developed but http://www.irishbjjassociation.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Hey Clive,

We haven't been approached or heard anything about an Association bar the forum post from a while back (and obviously Cesar hasn't either). Since people have been nominated to the commitee already there must have been a process and some documentation must exist. Is there going to be membership etc. for clubs, individuals and so on? Does a charter or mission statement exist yet? Will there be meetings with cheap biscuits?

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

Who's Norman Caprani?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 wrestlingdad

norman has ben around judo a long time and is well respected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

hi guys this has been happening along time
    about 5 years ago myself and john kavanagh sat down with norman caprani
    and the olympic council of ireland on how do start our governing body for bjj
    since then we have ran 6 irish opens
    this open to everyone
    this is still at an early stage we have spoke to the sports council and the olympic council.
    more info on membership will be released through the website
    we are still at the early stages of this so i hope you will all help us out
    cheers andy

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

The best of luck with your new assocation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I hope it works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

The very best of luck with this guys, i hope it all goes well which im sure it will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

TEAM RYANO wrote: »
    hi guys this has been happening along time
    about 5 years ago myself and john kavanagh sat down with norman caprani
    and the olympic council of ireland on how do start our governing body for bjj
    since then we have ran 6 irish opens
    this open to everyone
    this is still at an early stage we have spoke to the sports council and the olympic council.
    more info on membership will be released through the website
    we are still at the early stages of this so i hope you will all help us out
    cheers andy
    Cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

Is this the official representation of the international BJJ association or federation?

Who can I buy a t-shirt from?

In future will these positions be elected positions or nominations?

Shane, The

Advertisement