Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, I'm going to buy a laptop and I'd like advice or suggestions on what make/model I should get. I just want something basic for Web browsing, sending emails, etc. I'm not into games so the graphics capacity isn't important. I think 600-700euro should cover it. I know next to nothing about computers. I'm mostly concerned about the level of support I can get if anything goes wrong.

I wonder if any retail outlets have an arrangement whereby they replace the product without conditions in the case of malfunction in return for an extra payment on top of the purchase price. Argos used to do this with some electrical appliances.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

600-700 Euro is a more than large enough budget if you're just looking for something for web browsing and the likes. I'd suggest you check out laptopsdirect.ie, I believe they have a guarentee policy and they usually have some pretty good deals.

Got my laptop(which I use for some minor gaming as well as all my college needs) for only €400 there because it was a refurb, even though it was completely fine besides the box it came in being slightly worn. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aa_

Thanks, Bazzo. What kind of specs did you get for the 400euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Very decent spec altogether. It came with vista home basic but I quickly changed it to XP. Besides that, in no particular order, a 15.6" screen, 3gb of RAM, a 2.16ghz pentium dual core processor, 250gb hdd and some sort of gfx media accelerator(as opposed to a dedicated card, it borrows it's memory from the RAM.)

Good luck and happy hunting. =)

Advertisement