Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Network for me?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi guys,
    I just ordered an Iphone and it'll take about 3weeks to arrive. In this time I want to check out which network might be the best for me.

I hear a lot of good stuff about meteor actually. I am pretty much attracted by their 30€ / 18months contract but it only got 1gig of traffic.
    Also I heard that moving to them is even better because they offer you several promotions. What has to be done there? Like going to another network, getting a sim card / mobile number (how much?) and just go to them afterwards?

Maybe you can just sahre some thoughts, would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well depends on what your looking for?

your looking into bill pay or PAYG?

i assume you need internet connection too?

city location or rural?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 grasl

I am totally open minded to bill pay or PAYG.
    Internet is a defo yes! I am not 100% sure if 1gig is enough for daily iphone usage to be honest. (Uploading pictures etc, streaming...)

The area is dublin city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mmm well for streaming and stuff might not be...for easy usage it does the grand job...you can always check your allowance left on mymeteor.ie website...

PAYG wise three has an option to buy data add on and it seems they are increasing their add limit to 500 mb for 5 euro a month...i suppose they let you renew your data allowance for another 5 euro once its gone...

PAYG meteor their meant to be bringing out 49c a day for 50mb for a day internet pricing (not 100% sure of it though,only info coming is from their online survey ;) )

as far as i know o2 has an unlimited iPhone data plan...you should check out o2.ie plans...i think its 40 euro a month for unlimited data...though have a look at their t&c's as i think some one got overcharged for tethering on that plan or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 grasl

Thanks mate, I think o2 just lost a bunch of customers recently because they recuded the 5gigs monthly allowance to 2gigs and allowed everybody to get out of their contracts!

I think I can also go for a different solotion with meteor:
    Bill Pay Lite (Sim only) 10bucks a month + 10gigs broadband add-on 15bucks = 25bucks a month!

Advertisement