Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net account deactivated.

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I don't know if I am in the right spot if I am in the wrong place let me know.

I had an Eircom.net email account that got so spammed up I quit using it, however I now need to access it but it seems to have become inactive from lack of use. Will eircom reactivate old accounts? The Eircom site is hopeless and I would rather set myself on fire than ring 1901.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Well you are gonna have to get the matches so because you cant even change your email password with Eircom without ringing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Facts needed OP :pac:

What info do you have about the old account? As a minimum you need username email address and password.

Have you tried connecting to eircoms "webmail"

How do you know its been deactivated? Whats the error msg you get?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you still an Eircom customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I am still an Eircom customer, when I try to log in I get a message saying that your account has been deactivated because it hasn't been used or the user name is not recognised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Error: Either the username or password you have entered is incorrect or your account has been disabled/deleted due to inactivity.
    If you have recently used Webmail please type the correct username and password and try again, otherwise, please
    contact the support center

You get exactly the same error msg for a wrong password as you do for a non existant account.

Put in a real username and wrong password > error above

Put in a totally made up username and wrong password > same error above

So any chance its just that you have forgotten the password?

Edit> If it has been deactivated then you might be able to set up a new account with the same name? Good idea to see if you get the email name already in use type error if you try and set up a new account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement