Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer's Sporting Log.

Options
  • 27-08-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello everyone!

I've just started to take an interest in gambling recently, by reading forums like this one, and I thought it was time to get involved. I'll be betting small stakes, mainly for fun, but I would like to see if I can make a profit.

I've never placed a bet before though, so I'll be learning as I go. Feel free to offer any advice you may have.

I'll bet on any sport, but I'll mainly be betting on football. I'd like to think I know my football, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I will be starting with 20 Points, and I'll see where I go from there.

If you're following one of my tips, I'd appreciate if you let me know, either by thanking the post or replying here.

That's all for now. I'll post my first bet shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dreams.Ahead

Here's my first bet anyway.

1) Inverness CT vs. Hamilton
    Inverness CT to win @1.83. (Paddy Power)

Inverness thumped Dundee United 4-0 at Tannadice last week, while Hamilton were hopeless against Hearts, losing 4-0. This form isn't just a one-off, either; Inverness opened the season with a spirited display against Celtic, eventually going down 1-0, courtesy of a wonderful Paddy McCourt strike. On the other hand, Hamilton lost 4-0 against an average Aberdeen side.

Hamilton have an awful defence, and ought to be missing Martin Canning after his sending off against Hearts; this leaves them even weaker than normal at the back. Their best player is Alex Neil, but Billy Reid expects him to be missing for a couple of months as he recovers from surgery. They are in serious trouble this season, and should be opposed.

Inverness should win in my opinion, but this is football we're talking about. :rolleyes:

5 Points - Inverness CT to win @1.83. (Paddy Power)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck. :) Good write ups by the way, fair play and keep it up.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Best of luck. :) Good write ups by the way, fair play and keep it up.

Cheers! I'll do my best. It's a pity I didn't get Inverness @1.95 earlier in the week. Good luck with your log too, I'll be following it closely.

Inverness let me down earlier; they lost 1-0. I know this is after-timing, but I put something on Torquay United earlier and didn't have time to post here. I can post a screenshot if anyone wants proof. It was only one point, so it's nothing major.

2) Port Vale vs. Torquay United.
    Torquay to win @3.00. (Paddy Power)

I'm not going to do a write-up seeing as the match is over, but Torquay are on a great run, and are sitting top of League 2. They are always a good bet, and the odds of 3.00 were way too high in my opinion.

1 Point - Torquay to win @3.00. (Paddy Power)

Just a couple of bets for tomorrow. I'm in a hurry, so I won't be saying much.

3) Liverpool vs. West Brom.
    Liverpool to win @1.25. (Paddy Power)

Liverpool host West Brom tomorrow and will be eager to record their first home win of the season in-front of the Anfield faithful. West Brom put up a good performance at the Hawthorns against Sunderland last weekend, but I think they will struggle on the road tomorrow. I expect Liverpool to win comfortably, albeit only 2-0, as they fail to 'destroy' teams these days.

4 Points - Liverpool to win @1.25. (Paddy Power)

4) Aston Villa vs. Everton.
    Over 2.5 Goals @2.10. (Paddy Power)

I think there'll be plenty of goals tomorrow, and I feel the Overs is over-priced. Aston Villa have been a shambles since James Milner left, losing 6-0 last weekend and being knocked out of the Europa League on Thursday. They are leaking goals at the back, and Everton should take advantage of that. Everton will be disappointed with their start to season, and will see this as a good game to record their first three points.

1 Point - Over 2.5 Goals @2.10. (Paddy Power)

• Advertisement
Advertisement