Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

if you were in the rira what would you say in reply to President McAleese's criticism

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Don't be so smug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

DeVore wrote: »
    Hi there. I was born in Belfast. My family were burned out. I consider myself a true nationalist (not the kind with symtex)

I started and administer this website....

So, sorry, your point was?

DeV.

Sorry to here about your experience, I dont think he was stating that boards is west brit, I dont think it is myself I think its representitive of the population. theres a thousand different views which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sorry to here about your experience, I dont think he was stating that boards is west brit, I dont think it is myself I think its representitive of the population. theres a thousand different views which is good.

Yeah, I'd imagine boards is a lot more liberal (modern sense of the word) than the general population. I'd say men make up a large majority here as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

DeVore wrote: »
    Hi there. I was born in Belfast. My family were burned out. I consider myself a true nationalist (not the kind with symtex)

I started and administer this website....

So, sorry, your point was?

DeV.
    Sorry to hear about that Dev.

My point was that people have described this site as such. Obviously that is not the case, or do I personally think it, hence my smiley face which obviously failed horribly in its mission to portray that I felt that such an accusation erroneous and there to be laughed at.(need moar emoticons!)
    After all the site would be pretty crap if everyone had uniform opinions on everything.

The charge of "westbrit.ie" no doubt pertains to the comments some have seen on this site of a unionist persuasion, not the general ethos of the site, or is intended as a personal slight to yourself. I certainly don't use that description. Hence the point was not really MY point. Dudess stated that some republicans /nationalists etc when called up on points lash out with accusations of westbritery. I merely concurred and said that I had also heard such accusations labeled against the site.

Finally, I would hardly post here if I didn't like it. I have wracked up quite a large amount of posts in quite a short time, so obviously I
    (a) Don't currently have a gf or a job and
    (b) Enjoy posting here.

Anyway, the tone of your post suggests that you feel my point was a slur against both yourself and your site. It was not intended as such, and if it appeared so, I apologize.

Can I get out of this box now? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that Dev.

My point was that people have described this site as such. Obviously that is not the case, or do I personally think it, hence my smiley face which obviously failed horribly in its mission to portray that I felt that such an accusation erroneous and there to be laughed at.(need moar emoticons!)
    After all the site would be pretty crap if everyone had uniform opinions on everything.

The charge of "westbrit.ie" no doubt pertains to the comments some have seen on this site of a unionist persuasion, not the general ethos of the site, or is intended as a personal slight to yourself. I certainly don't use that description. Hence the point was not really MY point. Dudess stated that some republicans /nationalists etc when called up on points lash out with accusations of westbritery. I merely concurred and said that I had also heard such accusations labeled against the site.

Finally, I would hardly post here if I didn't like it. I have wracked up quite a large amount of posts in quite a short time, so obviously I
    (a) Don't currently have a gf or a job and
    (b) Enjoy posting here.

Anyway, the tone of you post suggests that you feel my point was a slur against both yourself and your site. It was not intended as such, and if it appeared so, I apologize.

Can I get out of this box now? :)

Grovel Grovel :D

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Grovel Grovel :D
    Quiet you! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

The only time I ever hear West Brit being used is sarcastically by anti-Republicans. It might be a stupid term but it does fit a small section of the Irish population.
    DB10 wrote: »
    Is there any evidence or source for these claims that they were from Cavan??

There were a couple of people arrested in Cavan not long after the bombing. I'm not sure why the OP had to mention Cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

As a louth man myself I feel that dissident support is relatively high here. Recently a number of men were lifted for IRA membership just a mile away from where I live.

Gerry Kelly of sinn fein Belfast who would have been an armed 'hard man' for a long time, asks very often that people who would be 'dissidents' might put themselves before the people to see if they get the votes,

if you 'feel' louth people support a road different to the good friday agreement, and maybe they will, (after all donegal voted no to lisbon), maybe put yourself forward as an independant county councillor candidate with a unity theme and then you might be returned by the voters?

moonpurple wrote: »
    Gerry Kelly of sinn fein Belfast who would have been an armed 'hard man' for a long time, asks very often that people who would be 'dissidents' might put themselves before the people to see if they get the votes,

if you 'feel' louth people support a road different to the good friday agreement, and maybe they will, (after all donegal voted no to lisbon), maybe put yourself forward as an independant county councillor candidate with a unity theme and then you might be returned by the voters?
    Wait, are you suggesting that I stand as a CC, advocating dissident violence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

Irish Times Breaking News, today
    McAleese says dissidents won't succeed

President Mary McAleese has told dissident republicans their campaign of violence and attempts to destabilise the peace will fail and said they must cease their actions.

She said the "crass methodology of the so-called dissidents" was overtaken by a "radical and intelligent new dispensation" which fully acknowledged the legitimacy of the aspiration to a united Ireland but only by peaceful means and with the consent of the people of the North and South.

She said this was enshrined in the Belfast Agreement. In an article on the dissident threat in today's nationalist Belfast-based Irish News she said the dissidents did not reflect the will of the people, as did the Belfast Agreement.

"What is worse everything they do sullies that legitimate objective of uniting Ireland in the eyes of those who most need to be persuaded of its merits and makes its achievement less and less likely," she said.

"Those who think they can drag us back into darkness should take serious note of the fact that despite a litany of gruesome acts of violence the seed of peace has taken root strongly in many hearts once estranged from one another. Love is stronger than hate. It is as simple as that," she added.

There was a message for the dissidents, she said. "Your violent campaign will not succeed and it is long past the time to stop."

The President said relationships within Northern Ireland and between North and South have improved considerably.

"Many of those who were actively involved in violence or who supported paramilitarism have become convinced champions of the peace process and of our collective power to build a society that cherishes peace, justice and diversity," she said.

President McAleese said there was a momentum behind the new dispensation. "It is not easy or straightforward but it is markedly better than anything which has preceded it. It offers hope and it offers that hope to everyone."

"Achieving a united Ireland is a mission that challenges us all in a spirit of love, mutual respect and peaceful dialogue to move mountains but, then again, who could have foretold the extent of the positive shifts in the political landscape that have already happened since the Good Friday Agreement?" she said.

"However, one thing is dismally clear - unity will never be achieved by the powerful destroyer of hatred and violence."

President McAleese said Ireland was now well on its way to a positive future of peace, equality and good neighbourliness. "Anyone who claims to be passionate about this island's future should be doing what they can to build the trust, the reconciliation, the mutual respect and acceptance which make people comfortable with one another even where profound differences exist," she said.

I couldnt give a t.oss about what mcaleese has to say. this is the same mcaleese who apologised to loyalists for comparing them to nazies. the same mcaleese who 'admires' the queen. mcaleese is a fianna failer, which means self serving
    what she has to say means nothing to me

• Advertisement

as for 'dissent' i think that is a term suited for sinn fein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

what I would probably say is - who is mairead mcaleece?

i think she works in arma tile

paky wrote: »
    i think she works in arma tile

Or "My husband's Loyalist friend Catholic Killer's Are Us" Tiles

sligopark wrote: »
    Or "My husband's Loyalist friend Catholic Killer's Are Us" Tiles

lol what?

Eh Mr McAleeses best buds include quite a few catholic droppers up around Belfast - pretty well known and a source of irritation up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Question to the people discussing how dissidents would like the BA back on the streets to boost support, do you not think if anything having the BA back on the streets would if anything get them negative support in total.

Yes maybe a few hardline Republicans and youths would join in support, but overall they would be seen as the sole reason the BA are back on Northern streets and I doubt that would do there support any good, even from a nationalist point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

i think reason is that once the ba is back on the streets it will dis spell the illusion that there's not an occupation,as they put it. basically they wont to destroy the normilisation policy. plus they'll be able to attack the ba, its harder for sf to condemn attacks on the ba.

RMD wrote: »
    Question to the people discussing how dissidents would like the BA back on the streets to boost support, do you not think if anything having the BA back on the streets would if anything get them negative support in total.

Yes maybe a few hardline Republicans and youths would join in support, but overall they would be seen as the sole reason the BA are back on Northern streets and I doubt that would do there support any good, even from a nationalist point of view.

your probably right. but than again the brits started the troubles and yet the provos came out with the worst publicity at the end. so you cant prdeict how these things will work themselves out

• Advertisement

Brits on the street again with the ensuing RUC/UDR = bad news

truth is afaik that they never left. they always had undercover soldiers patrolling the streets. and that even as iraq and afghanistan were boiling there was still more soldiers barricked here,again afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

paky wrote: »
    your probably right. but than again the brits started the troubles and yet the provos came out with the worst publicity at the end. so you cant prdeict how these things will work themselves out

It was the Unionists who caused the troubles by not giving equal rights to Catholics, what was happening up there would not have been tolerated in the rest of the UK. Westminster left Stormont to run things in the hope that they would not have to get involved, they should have kept them more under control & stopped the abuse of power.

Gray wrote: »
    It was the Unionists who caused the troubles by not giving equal rights to Catholics, what was happening up there would not have been tolerated in the rest of the UK. Westminster left Stormont to run things in the hope that they would not have to get involved, they should have kept them more under control & stopped the abuse of power.
    They could not give one flying fcuk what was going on until it started appearing on the TV. Same deal with the famine, they just did not care. Even look at the amount of time spent discussing the north in parliament during direct rule. Feck all time.

Eh Mr McAleeses best buds include quite a few catholic droppers up around Belfast - pretty well known and a source of irritation up there

I think President McAleese has hard knowledge of the ugliest face of the conflict in Ireland 1969 to late 1990

from wiki:

McAleese was born Mary Patricia Leneghan (Irish: Máire Pádraigín Ní Lionnacháin) in Ardoyne, north Belfast, the eldest of nine children.[4] She is a Roman Catholic.[5] Her family was forced to leave the area by loyalists when the Troubles broke out.[

The are operating with very few members, a "quality over quantity approach" is how OnH put it in their most recent statement/interview. You won't be picking these men out just by looking at them. CIRA and RIRA are infiltrated, OnH apparently are not, hence we know feck all about them.

let me help you with that:

from wiki

Óglaigh na hÉireann (Continuity Irish Republican Army splinter group)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For other uses, see Óglaigh na hÉireann.
    Óglaigh na hÉireann is the title taken by a small republican paramilitary group that split from the Continuity Irish Republican Army (CIRA) in 2006. It is often abbreviated by English writers as ONH.
    Contents [hide]
    1 Name
    2 Actions
    3 See also
    4 References
    [edit]Name

The Irish title Óglaigh na hÉireann means "warriors of Ireland",[1][2] "soldiers of Ireland",[3] "volunteers of Ireland" or "Irish volunteers".[4][5][6] It was first used by the Irish Volunteers of 1913–1918, then by the Irish Republican Army (IRA) of 1919–1922. When the Irish Free State was formed in 1922 it was adopted as the Irish name of the Irish Defence Forces (IDF) and used by them ever since as their name in Irish. It has subsequently been used by groups that have either descended from the IRA or used its name.
    Óglaigh na hÉireann began to be used as the name of a dissident republican grouping based in the Strabane area of County Tyrone, which split from the Continuity IRA in 2006.[7]
    However, more recently the name has been used by a faction of the Real IRA. Some media reporting of events in the past few months has not made these distinctions clear.[8][9]
    [edit]Actions

In February 2006, the Independent Monitoring Commission (IMC) reported that a new republican group, styling itself "Óglaigh na hÉireann", had been formed, along with another organisation, Saoirse na hÉireann, after a split from the CIRA. The report claimed that Óglaigh na hÉireann was responsible for an assault, several hoax devices, and robbery of a post office during October–December 2005.[10]
    The IMC's thirteenth report claimed that, during September–November 2006, Óglaigh na hÉireann was responsible for:
    Two pipe bomb attacks on the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI).
    Numerous bomb hoaxes.
    A tiger kidnapping.[11]
    The IMC's seventeenth report claimed that Óglaigh na hÉireann was responsible for:
    April 2007: Leaving three pipe bombs outside the homes of PSNI officers and members of District Policing Partnerships in Strabane.
    July 2007: A pipe bomb attack on Strabane PSNI station.
    The IMC's eighteenth report claimed that Óglaigh na hÉireann was responsible for:
    December 2007: Pipe bomb attack on Strabane PSNI station. The weapon failed to explode properly.
    February 2008: The murder of Andrew Burns in County Donegal.
    Attacks on PSNI officers and members of District Policing Partnerships.[12]
    14 May 2008: Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Shaun Woodward, announced that he would seek in parliament for Óglaigh na hÉireann to be specified by order under the terms of the Northern Ireland (Sentences) Act, 1998.[13]
    3 January 2009: Óglaigh na hÉireann was believed to have been responsible for an attempted robbery in west Belfast, during which a family was held at gunpoint.[14]
    1 September 2009: Óglaigh na hÉireann was believed to have been behind the planting of a 600 lb roadside bomb close to the Irish border near Forkill, County Armagh. It was intended to blow up a PSNI patrol. However, it was abandoned by those who planted it, and defused by the British Army.[15][16]
    16 October 2009: Óglaigh na hÉireann exploded a booby-trap bomb underneath the car of a PSNI officer in Kingsdale Park, east Belfast. The bomb exploded as the officer's girlfriend was driving the car, although she suffered minor wounds. The bomb was planted under the passenger side, as the woman usually drove her partner to work.[17][18]
    21 November 2009: Óglaigh na hÉireann was blamed for a failed car bomb attack on the Northern Ireland Policing Board headquarters in Belfast. The car contained a 400 lb bomb and was driven through a security barrier by two men, who then fled. The bomb partially exploded.[19][20]
    8 January 2010: Óglaigh na hÉireann carried out an under-car booby-trap bomb attack against a member of the PSNI in Antrim. The device exploded shortly after the officer left his home in Randalstown. The officer was critically injured in the attack and had to have one of his legs amputated.[21][22][23]
    12 April 2010: Óglaigh na hÉireann was blamed for a car bomb attack on Palace Barracks in Holywood, County Down. The British Army base houses MI5's Northern Ireland headquarters. A taxi driver had been forced to drive the bomb to the base. He abandoned the car shortly before midnight, prompting the PSNI to clear the area. The bomb exploded twenty minutes later, lightly wounding an elderly man. This attack was initially blamed on the Real IRA.[24][25][26]
    6 May 2010: Óglaigh na hÉireann claimed responsibility for disrupting an election count (for the 2010 Westminster election) at Templemore Sports Complex in Derry. The group had hidden a hoax device in the building before the count began. As the count was underway, Óglaigh na hÉireann members forced a taxi driver to drive a pipe bomb to the building. A warning was issued , and the building was evacuated shortly before midnight. The British Army carried out a controlled explosion on the pipe bomb, but the other device was not found for a further four days.[27][28]
    3 August 2010: Óglaigh na hÉireann claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack outside the Strand Road Police Station in Derry. Similar to the attack on 12 April 2010, a taxi driver was forced to drive the bomb to the police station. The bomb exploded 22 minutes earlier than the warning had said, but avoided causing any loss of life. 200lb of homemade explosives were used in the attack, which exploded at 0320BST. [29][30]
    [edit]See also

Timeline of Continuity Irish Republican Army actions
    Timeline of Real Irish Republican Army actions
    [edit]References

^ White, Robert William. Provisional Irish republicans: an oral and interpretive history. Greenwood Publishing Group, 1993. p 33.
    ^ Pollard, Tony. Scorched Earth: Studies in the Archaeology of Conflict. BRILL, 2007. p 84.
    ^ A Pictorial History of Óglaigh na hÉireann, the Defense Forces of Ireland, Irish Defense Forces
    ^ Gerry White, Brendan O'Shea, Bill Younghusband. Irish Volunteer soldier 1913-23. Osprey Publishing, 2003. p 8.
    ^ Coogan, Tim Pat. The IRA. Palgrave Macmillan, 2002. p 45.
    ^ O'Leary, Brendan. Terror, insurgency, and the state: ending protracted conflicts. University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007. p 190.
    ^ http://www.independentmonitoringcommission.org/documents/uploads/Twenty-First%20Report.pdf
    ^ http://www.independentmonitoringcommission.org/publications.cfm?id=71
    ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7934742.stm
    ^ Eighth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission, London: The Stationery Office, 1 February 2006, ISBN 978-0-10-293702-2, retrieved 14 May 2008
    ^ Thirteenth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission, London: The Stationery Office, 30 January 2007, ISBN 978-0-10-294431-0, retrieved 14 May 2008
    ^ Eighteenth Report of the Independent Monitoring Commission, London: The Stationery Office, 1 May 2008, ISBN 978-0-10-295409-8, retrieved 14 May 2008
    ^ Parliamentary Debates, House of Commons, 14 May 2008, column 1370.
    ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7811711.stm Splinter group blamed for threat
    ^ "'Splinter group' behind road bomb". BBC News. 9 September 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
    ^ http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/calls-for-extra-resources-after-60-dissident-bomb-attacks-in-18-months-14484661.html
    ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8310203.stm
    ^ http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/community-telegraph/east-belfast/bomb-allegedly-was-the-work-of-dissidents-14537754.html
    ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8372713.stm
    ^ http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/17/remote-bomb-killed-psni-officer
    ^ http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=122404 Injured police officer played for Co. Down club
    ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8457169.stm Car bomb officer Peadar Heffron's leg amputated
    ^ http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/police-widow-in-kate-carroll-tears-after-gaa-symbol-row-hits-fundraiser-14793893.html
    ^ "Real IRA admits NI MI5 base bomb". BBC News. 12 April 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
    ^ Batty, David (23 April 2010). "Car bomb blast outside police station on Irish border". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 20 May 2010.
    ^ http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/apr/13/northern-ireland-newtownhamilton-bomb-alert
    ^ "Pipe bomb left at counting centre". BBC News. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
    ^ "Alert device 'left five days ago'". BBC News. 12 May 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
    ^ "200lb of explosives in Derry car bomb". BBC News. 3 August 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
    ^ "Group claims Strand Road bomb attack". BBC News. 4 August 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2010.

• Advertisement

What I meant was we know little bout their actual set up, leadership etc And from what I am hearing they are mostly ex PIRA men who were not in the other IRAs. So they said in the Irish news.

oglaigh na heaireann would want people to believe provisional ira men and women were among them,
    however the provisional ira men such as mcguinness, kelly and maskey and so on have moved on and are part of the evolving structures begun when the irish united over 32 counties and chose the good friday agreement

if the dissadents said that david beckham was working with them, as they are a mystery group and camera shy, you simply could not disprove it

he may be:pac:

oglaigh na heaireann would want people to believe provisional ira men and women were among them

of course they do and have. The problem is that Sinn Fein played a purposeful political game from the late eighties that involved real republicans laying down themselves and their children to death, jail and life long prejudice for what was essentially a political chess game.

Many republicans realise they were played and visit family graves week to week whilst street wise IRA men in B'Fast made off with their £26 million pay off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

If I were in the RIRA I'd probably sit in a puddle of my own urine, drooling on myself while screaming obscenities at the top of my voice and continuously **** myself off to pictures of rocks. I mean let's face it, who in the RIRA isn't a mentally retarded lunatic?

No offense to retards or lunatics by the way, at least you lot have an excuse. :)

demonspawn wrote: »
    If I were in the RIRA I'd probably sit in a puddle of my own urine, drooling on myself while screaming obscenities at the top of my voice and continuously **** myself off to pictures of rocks. I mean let's face it, who in the RIRA isn't a mentally retarded lunatic?

Ah gaysus another ignorant self defecating opinion

• Advertisement

Ah gaysus another ignorant self defecating opinion

Ah right, so you're all for dragging Ireland back 30 years or so to a time when people were afraid to leave their houses because of a handful of backwards ignorant pricks?

It's 2010 mate, nobody gives a flying f**k about a united Ireland anymore, especially the reasonable Irish men and women living in the North. The ones that do shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets. You think they want to be part of this corrupt, backwards country? Do they f**k.

The RIRA are drug dealers and thugs fighting for bigger patch of turf, nothing more nothing less.

Edit: Ulster has historically been independent from the rest of Ireland. They always saw themselves as different to the rest of us. Brian Boru had a hell of a time trying to convince the Ulstermen to join his new united Ireland for this very reason. Why is it that it's always clowns from the South that seem to know what's good for the people of the North?

Ah right, so you're all for dragging Ireland back 30 years or so to a time when people were afraid to leave their houses because of a handful of backwards ignorant pricks?

It's 2010 mate, nobody gives a flying f**k about a united Ireland anymore, especially the reasonable Irish men and women living in the North. The ones that do shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets. You think they want to be part of this corrupt, backwards country? Do they f**k.

The RIRA are drug dealers and thugs fighting for bigger patch of turf, nothing more nothing less.

Edit: Ulster has historically been independent from the rest of Ireland. They always saw themselves as different to the rest of us. Why is it that it's always clowns from the South that seem to know what's good for the people of the North?

wow nice reply

wow nice reply

Ditto.

Edit: Ulster has historically been independent from the rest of Ireland. They always saw themselves as different to the rest of us. Brian Boru had a hell of a time trying to convince the Ulstermen to join his new united Ireland for this very reason. Why is it that it's always clowns from the South that seem to know what's good for the people of the North?

Because its fairly clear whats been bad for the north

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Because its fairly clear whats been bad for the north

Yeah, well maybe if the "Republicans" of this country had been paying more attention to what was going on down here, FF wouldn't have been able to sell this country off to the Europeans and the international bankers so easily.

Yeah, well maybe if the "Republicans" of this country had been paying more attention to what was going on down here, FF wouldn't have been able to sell this country off to the Europeans and the international bankers so easily.

perhaps these 'republicans' include you

oh yea i would agree there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Edit: Ulster has historically been independent from the rest of Ireland. They always saw themselves as different to the rest of us. Why is it that it's always clowns from the South that seem to know what's good for the people of the North?

I do actually.

You speak as if Northern Ireland is now some great country, it is a ****hole, anyone who says otherwise is a liar. What do you expect from a "country" where half the population hates the other half? and they do. Its only a spark thats needed and the troubles will be back worse then ever.

People like you make me ashamed to be Irish, but i suppose its the same the other way... Sure the republic isnt perfect, but its one of the best countries in europe and i wouldnt want to be born anywhere else, have some pride or **** off to australia for yourself.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

perhaps these 'republicans' include you

I'm no Republican and can't stand nationalists. I'm an Irishman who's sick of arseholes treating the people in this country like s**t for their own personal gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Careful now.

• Advertisement

jugger0 wrote: »
    I do actually.

You speak as if Northern Ireland is now some great country, it is a ****hole, anyone who says otherwise is a liar. What do you expect from a "country" where half the population hates the other half?

I think you'll find that it's a small minority of knuckle dragging goons doing all the hating. The vast majority just try to get on with their lives as best they can.
    People like you make me ashamed to be Irish, but i suppose its the same the other way... Sure the republic isnt perfect, but its one of the best countries in europe and i wouldnt want to be born anywhere else, have some pride or **** off to australia for yourself.

People like you make me glad I grew up in the U.S., I'll never be ashamed to be Irish.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Your day came and went, didn't you get the memo?

I do actually.

You speak as if Northern Ireland is now some great country, it is a ****hole, anyone who says otherwise is a liar. What do you expect from a "country" where half the population hates the other half? and they do.

add to that is the influx of immigrants - a powderkeg is how I would describe it presently

People like you make me glad I grew up in the U.S.

Wow and you have the cheek to complain about the south interrupting?

I'm no Republican and can't stand nationalists. I'm an Irishman who's sick of arseholes treating the people in this country like s**t for their own personal gain.
    I thought you were american? Could have sworn you said so in another thread.

I didnt grow up in the us but went to college there and found a large number of republican "Irish"

Wow and you have the cheek to complain about the south interrupting?

I have the cheek to tell you to back the f**k off and let people live their lives without being surrounded by fear and hatred. If firearms were legal in this country there would be no RIRA/PIRA/whateverthe****IRA, they all be shot on sight by true Irishmen.

I thought you were american? Could have sworn you said so in another thread.

Hes Irish for st. pattys and whenever else he feels it suits him, hes a yankee doodle dandy though.

I have the cheek to tell you to back the f**k off and let people live their lives without being surrounded by fear and hatred. If firearms were legal in this country there would be no RIRA/PIRA/whateverthe****IRA, they all be shot on sight by true Irishmen.
    Quite a lot of ignorance there.

Pity no one told the Brits to back the **** off... oh wait, they did.

I'll never be ashamed to be Irish.

especially since you aren't (Irish)

then sir head off home to perfectdom home of the free

• Advertisement

firearms are legal in this country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement