Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kinect BETA Test

• 27-08-2010 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Today the lucky few that were asked could they take part in the Kinect BETA find out if the got in. If you did receive an e-mail saying you did then you should be prompted for a dashboard update in the next few hours, but you will not be able to use party and private chat with people that aren't apart of it when testing. This was the e-mail:

Congratulations! We're pleased to report you've been accepted in the Xbox LIVE and Kinect beta program. We look forward to your active involvement and feedback along the way.

REMINDER:The Xbox LIVE and Kinect beta program is confidential. Please don't disclose, share, or discuss beta program materials, except as allowed in the Xbox LIVE and Kinect Beta Program Agreement. Specifically, please:

DO NOT Blog about the beta materials.
    DO NOT Post pictures, screenshots, or video clips of the beta materials.
    DO NOT Discuss the beta materials in discussion forums, emails, or podcasts.
    DO NOT Talk with the media or press about the beta materials. This includes bloggers, newspaper reporters, and television reporters.
    Only use approved support methods for your Kinect experience which are listed on https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEupdate.
    DO NOT contact Xbox Support over Twitter. For support options, please go to https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEupdate
    DO NOT post in the public Xbox support forums (only use the private Kinect Beta forums)

The Xbox LIVE and Kinect Beta information has been updated on the Microsoft Connect website (https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEupdate). Your console should be prompted for a system update within the next 24 hours. Kinect hardware is being packed and will be shipped to the address you provided when applying for this program. Please be patient and review the Microsoft Connect website for any status updates.

For any troubleshooting or program questions, please review the support information at https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEupdate

Congratulations, we look forward to your participation!

Sincerely,

Xbox LIVE Beta Team

So if you did get in don't tell people what is in it, you are only allowed to brag

Leaked Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIkZEpbp81c

Edit: Just checked his GT, looks like he just made it for the video, but he will still be caught

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The support teams will also be beta-testing/training on it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DO NOT Post pictures, screenshots, or video clips of the beta materials.

Fair to say Mr. Psycho419 won't have a gold account by the end of the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Looking forward to the kit coming in the mail, should be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hate beta testing, much prefer to play the finished product. But I do like the fact they are conducting beta testing.

rizzla wrote: »
    Hate beta testing, much prefer to play the finished product. But I do like the fact they are conducting beta testing.

No-one said it wasn't the finished product

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    No-one said it wasn't the finished product

Neither did I. :confused:

You said the finished product wasn't used during beta testing.

You said the finished product wasn't used during beta testing.

Yeah, isn't it. The finished product isn't used in the beta testing.

The MOH beta testing is hardly the finished product, beat testing is never the finished product, changes will be made, no matter how small they are.

rizzla wrote: »
    Yeah, isn't it. The finished product isn't used in the beta testing.

The MOH beta testing is hardly the finished product, beat testing is never the finished product, changes will be made, no matter how small they are.
    Well someone from microsoft posted on their forums saying it is the finished product, not the private beta forums either. Not saying that's a fact because I've no idea what they're sending out. Kinect is out in two months, can't see any hardware changes being made now, software yes.

Well someone from microsoft posted on their forums saying it is the finished product, not the private beta forums either. Not saying that's a fact because I've no idea what they're sending out. Kinect is out in two months, can't see any hardware changes being made now, software yes.

That's what I meant, can't hardly play with the camera on it's own. I could try though... I could try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement