Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atlético Madrid v Inter Milan: UEFA Super Cup

• 27-08-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Kick off is at 7:45, live coverage starts on RTE 2 at 7:30.

It will be interesting to see Inter under Rafa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this being played on the carpark again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Atletico squad:
    Goalkeepers: 13 De Gea, 42 Joel.

Defenders: 2 Valera, 3 Antonio López, 17 Ujfalusi, 18 Domínguez, 21 Perea, Godín, Filipe Luis.

Midfielders: 5 Tiago, 6 Camacho, 8 Raúl García, 9 Jurado, 12 Assunçao, 19 Reyes, 20 Simão, Mario Suárez, Fran Mérida.

Strikers: 7 Forlán, 10 Agüero, Diego Costa.

Inter Squad:
    Goalkeepers: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni.

Defenders: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 26 Cristian Chivu.

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Sulley Muntari, 17 Mariga, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi, 29 Coutinho.

Strikers: 9 Samuel Eto'o, 22 Diego Milito, 27 Goran Pandev, 88 Ludovic Biabiany

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Hopefully Rafa can win his 2nd Inter trophy within a week and Inter's 5th of the year. Should be a good game, Atletico are a decent side and with no real pressure on the players should be an open game.

Forza Inter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Godin is a nice signing for Athletico, should be a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

MOG7 wrote: »
    Godin is a nice signing for Athletico, should be a good game.

Defense was in bits for the majority of last season, Godin looked good in the world cup but he'll have to play along side Perea the weak link of the side. Hopefully this season they can tighten up at the back and challenge for 3rd/4th and get back into the CL.

Looking forward to seeing if Camacho can break into the Midfield this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Good old Benitez :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Finally... a goal! 1-0 Atletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jesus i hate ronnie whelan, although i can understand why he is so bitter now that i know he cock doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good to see a Rafa side play with such enterprise and exuberance. Liverpool have lost a genius.

What a **** game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

niallo27 wrote: »
    Jesus i hate ronnie whelan, although i can understand why he is so bitter now that i know he cock doesn't work

I thought inter werehard to watch under mourino but if this is anything to go by there not gonna be any easier on the eye under rafa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Finally... a goal! 1-0 Atletico

Who scored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jose Antonio Reyes

He was subbed off then. I think he picked up an injury.

milito lives offside

2-0
    Milan are muck

2-0! Absolutely pathetic defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

And 2-0,Inter caught as they push forward for an equaliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Ye, Rafa, .... he's great.............:rolleyes:

Great save from that penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jose-Mourinho_0.jpg

Sam-Allardyce-001.jpg

Alex-Ferguson-Champions-L-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ye, Rafa, .... he's great.............:rolleyes:

Got the magic touch alright:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Rafa helps another team to take the next step to greatness.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

PatheticO in well organised defence shocker.

Inter were shiit but looking at their fat Spanish waiter on the sideline who should be suprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wow

this thread is pretty pathetic :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wow

We don't rate Benitez, you do. That is all.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sam-Allardyce-001.jpg

I'd say Big Sam is watching Rafa manage the European Champions in the Super Cup in Monaco thinking, yep, Blackburn is where its at! :p

If it's possible for Mourinho's face to get any smuggger, it's happening at this very moment!

wow

Ah, it's just a bit of a laugh, the Rafa-god worship is a bit much sometimes. He comes across a bit snide and smug, gets peoples backs up a bit.

Thread hardly qualifies as pathetic, it's not like people are trolling in the Liverpool thread. That would be pathetic alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

2-0
    Milan are muck

Who scored that one?

jesus lads, when teams win the super cup-its ridiculed & referred to as a nothing event, then when they lose, people act like its conclusive proof that a manager is rubbish, very strange.

• Advertisement

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Who scored that one?
    Ageuro.. Absolutely shocking defending... Low ball across face of the goal from Simao, tap in for Kun with no one on him!

Also, I wonder does Torres regret leaving Atletico and missing out on the Europa League and now the Super Cup? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

:eek:

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... :p

jesus lads, when teams win the super cup-its ridiculed & referred to as a nothing event, then when they lose, people act like its conclusive proof that a manager is rubbish, very strange.
    Well to be fair if they lost i would have no issue, i watched a lot of Inter last year and tonight they looked a shadow of last years team, i was hoping Inter would win tonight, I like them alot... I no u cant judge on Benitez' performence on this game alone, but i'm not a fan and was disappointed with how Inter played and i just hope he does do well with them cause i like Inter and don't want to see them fall... And for me.. i dont rate Benitez highly so i fear for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Benitez continues where he left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

#15 wrote: »
    Also, I wonder does Torres regret leaving Atletico and missing out on the Europa League and now the Super Cup? :pac:

A very good point you raise there actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i watched a lot of Inter last year and tonight they looked a shadow of last years team

It's nothing more than a pre season game...
    How you can come to that conclusion when their league hasn't even started is astonishing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

#15 wrote: »

Atletico wouldn't have won it with Torres imo. Forlan is a much better player for them than Torres could ever dream to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

d22ontour wrote: »
    It's nothing more than a pre season game...
    How you can come to that conclusion when their league hasn't even started is astonishing tbh.

He said tonight they looked a shadow of last season.

Getting awfully defensive there for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Liam O wrote: »
    Atletico wouldn't have won it with Torres imo. Forlan is a much better player for them than Torres could ever dream to be.

What? Really, of course they could have done this with Torres there, i know its your opinion but i don't really get it. I like the work Forlan does for Athletico but to say Torres couldn't do it is madness. Could Torres not have taken Aguero's position if he was still at the club? I know its a bit of a pointless arguement. And yes Torres must be raging he left, part f him has to be. He stuck with Athletico for so many years and finally moved so he could have a chance to win trophies, playing Europa League and have only really challenged for the title once since he joined, he must be sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MOG7 wrote: »
    Could Torres not have taken Aguero's position if he was still at the club?
    Nah he doesn't have what Aguero has, having said that Aguero doesn't have what Torres has either, but Forlan does, so the Atletico strikeforce is definitely better off considering how well Forlan and Aguero link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liam O wrote: »

Oh sweet jesus, have you being on the beer son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Judging by your spelling you have. But he is right. Forlan has scored far more than Torres ever did for Atletico and to be honest, probably ever would, fits in much better. That isn't saying he is a better striker though, not that theres much in it either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I actually think he backed up his point very well. Torres really pushed on a progressed into a world class striker at Liverpool, he was never that at Atletico. Forlan and Aguero have such a ridiculous chemistry, it's probably the best old school strike partnership in Europe. Atletico have steadily progressed, the addition of Godin and with De Gea maturing, I really think they are going to be a more attractive prospect than Liverpool as long as they can't sort out their financial woes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Benitez: Changing Mourinho's ways will take time

Rafa Benitez insisted he needs more time to make his mark on Inter Milan after the reigning European champions slumped to a 2-0 defeat against Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup.

Benitez said he wants to change some of the things put in place by his predecessor Jose Mourinho but needs time to do so.

"Some things we will need to do in the same way as we did before and change the way we do some other things,'' said Benitez. "It's clear we will need some time but how long you never know. We have not had much time since the World Cup with the players. We were not at the level we needed to be against a team that was physically stronger and very good tactically.''
    Benitez added that Inter's Champions League group with Tottenham, Werder Bremen and FC Twente was potentially dangerous.

"It's a really difficult group,'' he said after the match in Monaco's Stade Louis II. "There is not a big difference between the teams and that can be dangerous. This will be very tough.''
    What a clown . You'd think he was after taking over a mid table team listening to his drivel.
    The negativity is already oozing out of him.

Advertisement