Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers - Introduce Yourself Here

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

emmaxx wrote: »
    well that fair enough haha its usally tuesdays and thursdays that are busy here but if you're really drunk and with some friends you wont even notice how crap wednesdays are haha

kinda looks that way alright...no major crowd tomorrow by the looks of things.....gayness:(

so....thursday night anyone?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emmaxx

kinda looks that way alright...no major crowd tomorrow by the looks of things.....gayness:(

yes. go out thursday! guarantee u everywhere will be packed!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

pe-cze wrote: »
    Yeeeey! Got a place in Groody! Happy days!
    Now, who's there with me?

that didn't take long :cool:

I'm not in groody but across the road is all. walking in during the rain.. yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Evo wrote: »
    that didn't take long :cool:

I'm not in groody but across the road is all. walking in during the rain.. yay

great, thanks :P im sure there are positive aspects to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Living at home with the parents so if anyone wants to offer their couch after a night out it would be much appreciated :D

I've just done a year with an obscene amount of couch surfing. You'll be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lodge.

Everyone that's down this week are either UL Vet's who're down on the piss for the week or else firsties like yourself finding their feet. Neither are gonna be going into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

Lodge on Thursday sounds good to me, the house mates went last night and I was too sensible, Thursday it will be! Now if only these freshers would hurry up in the concert hall...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Speaking of concert hall, does anyone know the story is with the piano in the kilmurry village hall? Is it locked? Is anyone allowed to play it? etc?
    Spotted it at the accomodation sign up the last day, it'd save me (by me I mean my parents) buying an electric piano for the house...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

yeah you can use, i'm not sure if you're meant to but i played it a few times last year when i could be bothered walkin to kilmurry. A friend of mine who lived there was always practicin on it and was never told not to.

there's always the music building too, though you're not meant to use the rooms in there unless you're on the trad music course i think. mmpt aren't in that buildin at all :(

cson wrote: »
    Lodge.

Everyone that's down this week are either UL Vet's who're down on the piss for the week or else firsties like yourself finding their feet. Neither are gonna be going into town.

twas a strange crowd in the there last night, plenty of ul vets along with CIT, MaryI and LIT vets in with the mix, not a whole lot of firsties! get yerselves out firsties!!!

• Advertisement

emmaxx wrote: »
    im too excited for orientation tomorrow! dont know anyone tho so ill be like a lost puppy haha :)

get yourself involved with clubs & socs or class reps early on - you'll get to know lots of really good people, and plenty of other first years who don't know a whole lot of people either! You'll meet some lovely people - get involved! Recruitment drive next Wednesday! Or call up to the Students Union at any time if ya want more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

get yourself involved with clubs & socs or class reps early on - you'll get to know lots of really good people, and plenty of other first years who don't know a whole lot of people either! You'll meet some lovely people - get involved! Recruitment drive next Wednesday! Or call up to the Students Union at any time if ya want more info!

Couldn't echo that more. Get involved in a Society, at least one next week, you get to meet loads of people outside of your usual circle. Also buy a Ticket for Calvin Harris or Newton Faulkner next week, should be an epic gig. And of course pop into courtyard to watch the Hangover, should be fun.

Anywho after that rant or whatever. Welcome to UL guys, it'll be a great 4 years for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Brian, 27, Digital Media Design. Had orientation today, looking forward to Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Haha, i have mondays off and only 8h a week ;) Looove it ;) I have a ticket to Johnyy Flynn or something, whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

pe-cze wrote: »
    Haha, i have mondays off and only 8h a week ;) Looove it ;) I have a ticket to Johnyy Flynn or something, whats that about?

What 8hrs a week?How'd you manage that?I'm jealous.I've got 18 hrs but got Monday and Tuesday mornins off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

as far as i know i've **** all hours....not a clue how to read a timetable to be honest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Load of us in Kilmurry! :D In 34 myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

Welcome freshers :) Make the most of first year, it is mental, so don't regret it later by studying the pants off! Was a proud plassey member but now moved to college court, and loving it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

snazzy wrote: »
    Many a tale surrounds dirty 30! :P

I LOVE THAT STORY!!!!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I LOVE THAT STORY!!!!

I think there's more than the one story :D

Dirty 92 just doesn't have the same ring to it :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement