Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a banana tree

Options
  • 27-08-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on when/how to do this. My tree has been there for 4 years but has now taken over a bit and needs to be moved. Also, does anyone know if I can separate it and leave some of the younger, smaller shoots where they are?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

lala6 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on when/how to do this. My tree has been there for 4 years but has now taken over a bit and needs to be moved. Also, does anyone know if I can separate it and leave some of the younger, smaller shoots where they are?

Any help would be much appreciated.

wait till Spring and move as much of the Root system as you can.. leaving the other shoots you will have just as much trouble with them taking over later .. think about moving them maybe the following year!! kept them as a Back up in case the parent plants fails.
    Worked for me for a Ginger (Hedychium flavescens) maybe also for your Musa

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lala6

Thanks a mil, will do.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do you ever get any bananas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

fryup wrote: »
    do you ever get any bananas??

Love your username. Are you angling for a fritter?

Advertisement