Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off Topic 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I just can't do Irish, I'm alright at French like, I could keep a conversation in it! :D You've exams in November? :eek: What for?!

I'm the exact same. French is so much easier! I only got a decent teacher last year, but I'm not any further behind anyone else. But Irish...I'm totally lost. I don't even know what the teacher's on about. Tis the bane of my existence. :mad:

Christmas exams. How weird is that! I think they're starting on 29th. I'm not sure though. Boy do I hope I'm wrong. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm the exact same. French is so much easier! I only got a decent teacher last year, but I'm not any further behind anyone else. But Irish...I'm totally lost. I don't even know what the teacher's on about. Tis the bane of my existence. :mad:

Christmas exams. How weird is that! I think they're starting on 29th. I'm not sure though. Boy do I hope I'm wrong. :pac:

:eek: I don't think we get Christmas exams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Christmas exams are actually really useful in 6th year. You get exam experience and you are put under exam pressure before you do your mocks. You can see early on what areas you need to improve on aswell which is very vital because the time you get your mock results back you only have a small number of weeks until the actual LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Yeah, I suppose Christmas exams are good for that. Also, I'm the type of person who needs to have regular tests to get me studying!

:eek: I don't think we get Christmas exams!

They love exams in my school. The teachers get excited or something. It's weird. The look in my Biology teachers eyes the other day when she told us the dates the pre's were starting. Evil! :pac:

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    Christmas exams are actually really useful in 6th year. You get exam experience and you are put under exam pressure before you do your mocks. You can see early on what areas you need to improve on aswell which is very vital because the time you get your mock results back you only have a small number of weeks until the actual LC.

At least there's one pro. :)

They love exams in my school. The teachers get excited or something. It's weird. The look in my Biology teachers eyes the other day when she told us the dates the pre's were starting. Evil! :pac:

Hahaha! :pac:
    We don't even know when our pres are starting yet!

TBH, you have a less of a chance of messing up a question in the LC if you do Christmas exams then if you don't do Christmas exams. Also you are going straight into the longer papers if you don't have christmas exams.

At least there's one pro. :)

Semi pro actually. I didn't get 600 points or anywhere near it. I just worked my fúcking arse off for sixth year and got a good course in UCD.

9th of Feb for us. Yay :rolleyes: At least we're done for the mid term.

• Advertisement

Semi pro actually. I didn't get 600 points or anywhere near it. I just worked my fúcking arse off for sixth year and got a good course in UCD.

That's what most important anyway. Getting a course that's good for you, not getting 9 A1's or whatever. The LC's a stepping stone, not the goal.

9th of Feb for us. Yay :rolleyes: At least we're done for the mid term.

Bit of advice. Don't look at the MOCKS THREAD when your doing the mocks because you won't be able to see the paper beforehand come June and your only fooling yourself.

Wow. Just saw the trailer for season 2 of Glee. When does tv3 get it? I wanna see it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Ours start the week before mid-term and finish the week after it.Grr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Bit of advice. Don't look at the MOCKS THREAD when your doing the mocks because you won't be able to see the paper beforehand come June and your only fooling yourself.

My friend did that for English. Got a B3 in pre and a D2 in real thing.

My friend did that for English. Got a B3 in pre and a D2 in real thing.

Proof what a disaster it actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

quick question: does anyone have a number for that career guidance teacher in mullingar? if you could pm it to me i'd be really grateful :D can't get one anywhere :(

Just had my first fight with my mum about the L.C. 4/5 hours a study every night, on top of homework. Is she mad in the head? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I should study... I feel guilty about not studying too.

:'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Damn straight.

I actually can't study at home, too much distraction. Was supposed to start evening study in school today but that didn't happen :(

• Advertisement

I can't study at school. I dunno why, but it doesn't go in. Hopefully I can start tomorrow. Fingers crossed for hardly any homework! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

I can't study anywhere, AT ALL. :(
    Everything distracts me.

I wish I had more concentration, oh and I also wish I done stuff last year, I'm only back a few days and I'm regretting how much I didn't do..

I can't study anywhere, AT ALL. :(
    Everything distracts me.

I wish I had more concentration, oh and I also wish I done stuff last year, I'm only back a few days and I'm regretting how much I didn't do..

I hear ya. Specially in Chem and Geog. I was gonna write out a load of sample answers and learn them. Never did. :(

Hihi.
    There's a 20 year old in my class now!! :eek:

Hihi.
    There's a 20 year old in my class now!! :eek:

Wha?? We have a 19 year old, but that's not nearly as impressive! :P

Wha?? We have a 19 year old, but that's not nearly as impressive! :P

Yeah this one did hear leaving 2 years ago and went into college did her first year then came back to our school to do the leaving again. :confused:

Yeah this one did hear leaving 2 years ago and went into college did her first year then came back to our school to do the leaving again. :confused:

Oh. I thought she was repeating from '10. I was like :eek:

Oh. I thought she was repeating from '10. I was like :eek:

nope nope nope, Even worse! :P

nope nope nope, Even worse! :P

There's a crazy amount of repeaters at the moment. There's a waiting list to repeat at my brothers school. :eek:

• Advertisement

There's a crazy amount of repeaters at the moment. There's a waiting list to repeat at my brothers school. :eek:

:eek: There's only 3 in my school!

Advertisement