Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off Topic 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    :eek: There's only 3 in my school!

I know! There's only 2 in mine. i think his is the only school that lets "outsiders" repeat though. So that's probably why.

We started a new poem in Irish today. It was called The Eve of Womens Christmas so I got all excited. But it was about dying. :( Why are all irish poems about dying?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I know! There's only 2 in mine. i think his is the only school that lets "outsiders" repeat though. So that's probably why.

We started a new poem in Irish today. It was called The Eve of Womens Christmas so I got all excited. But it was about dying. :( Why are all irish poems about dying?? :confused:

:eek:
    I also must add I hate Emily Dickinson. :mad:

:eek:
    I also must add I hate Emily Dickinson. :mad:

Haven't done her yet. But I hate Boland like I've never hated anything before! :mad:

Also, Dancing At Lughnasa has no plot. Nothing happens! Why is it on the course.:mad: :pac:

Haven't done her yet. But I hate Boland like I've never hated anything before! :mad:

Also, Dancing At Lughnasa has no plot. Nothing happens! Why is it on the course.:mad: :pac:

We didn't do that silly book! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dedrizzle

Hi guys, for anyone that just did the LC, are any of ye appealing any of yer subjects?

• Advertisement

We didn't do that silly book! :D :pac:

Grr. What did you do instead?

dedrizzle wrote: »
    Hi guys, for anyone that just did the LC, are any of ye appealing any of yer subjects?

I think there's a thread for that in the forum. Yup there is. Go Here and just post, probably get a better response than here!

Grr. What did you do instead?

Well:
    Main text = Wuthering Heights
    Comparative =
    My Sisters Keeper,
    Billy Elliot,
    The Tempist!
    You? :pac:

Well:
    Main text = Wuthering Heights
    Comparative =
    My Sisters Keeper,
    Billy Elliot,
    The Tempist!
    You? :pac:

Main text=Hamlet (which is awesome btw. And I got the movie with David Tennant in it. :D)

Comparative=Billy Elliot, Dancing at Lughnasa and How Many Miles to Babylon

You got a waaay better comparative than us. :( Not fair. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Wha?? We have a 19 year old, but that's not nearly as impressive! :P

Wow guys thanks for making me feel so old! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 dedrizzle

thanx noel:)

Main text=Hamlet (which is awesome btw. And I got the movie with David Tennant in it. :D)

Comparative=Billy Elliot, Dancing at Lughnasa and How Many Miles to Babylon

You got a waaay better comparative than us. :( Not fair. :P

:eek: They all sound fairly boring. <3 Billy Elliot and My Sisters Keeper! :)
    dedrizzle wrote: »
    thanx noel:)

No problem! :)
    Ditzie wrote: »

Why? :P You can't be over 20!! :pac:

Sorry. :(
    Please forgive. :)

:eek: They all sound fairly boring. <3 Billy Elliot and My Sisters Keeper! :)

Fairly isn't strong enough. :D My Sisters Keeper is so sad. I was so mad at the movie peeps for changing the ending :mad: :pac:

Fairly isn't strong enough. :D My Sisters Keeper is so sad. I was so mad at the movie peeps for changing the ending :mad: :pac:

Me too! I had it read before the LC course, and the ending in the book is a million times better! :D

Me too! I had it read before the LC course, and the ending in the book is a million times better! :D

Way more shocking! :D The movies are almost never as good as the books though.

Way more shocking! :D The movies are almost never as good as the books though.

That's true. Twilight/Harry Potter never lived up to the books either!
    Anywho I shall be going to bed, to return here tomorrow night! :D

Night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

My sisters keeper is part of the leaving cert course now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Not actually the best film version of Hamlet, though if you're a Tennant fan you'll probably enjoy it.

At some stage try to get the Kenneth Branagh / Derek Jacobi version from the mid-90s (a lot of local libraries should have it).

In terms of getting your head round Hamlet for the Leaving you'll probably find it more useful.

Why? :P You can't be over 20!! :pac:

No, I'm 19 (all ty's fault :P) but I'll be 20 in may, then ye all can point and say i'm old! :D

• Advertisement

Sorry. :(
    Please forgive. :)

Done. :)

For the comparative is anyone doing the book how I live now? I've read it before so it would be handy, just wanna know what people are comparing it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I did LC 2010 (my name lol!!)
    im now doing LC 2011 .. *sigh*
    Nursing better be worth it!:rolleyes:

Done. :)

For the comparative is anyone doing the book how I live now? I've read it before so it would be handy, just wanna know what people are comparing it to.

Nope, Never even heard of it! :P
    LC2010HIS wrote: »

Aw, did you miss out on it?
    Tryst wrote: »
    My sisters keeper is part of the leaving cert course now?

Yep! :D

No, I'm 19 (all ty's fault :P) but I'll be 20 in may, then ye all can point and say i'm old! :D

Ah you're not THAT old so! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maxxx1

How many points do you need to get a place for engineering and can I combine it with a second degree?

maxxx1 wrote: »
    How many points do you need to get a place for engineering and can I combine it with a second degree?

Depends on the college I suppose?
    Combine it with a second degree?What? Like do a different degree at the same time? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

maxxx1 wrote: »

What are you trying to say. Engineering varies from College to College. UCD and TCD degrees are in around the mid 400's and some IT's offer Engineering degrees for around 200 points.

That's true. Twilight/Harry Potter never lived up to the books either!
    Anywho I shall be going to bed, to return here tomorrow night! :D

Night :)

Ugh. Not a Twilight fan, but nothing could ever live up to King Potter. :D

Not actually the best film version of Hamlet, though if you're a Tennant fan you'll probably enjoy it.

At some stage try to get the Kenneth Branagh / Derek Jacobi version from the mid-90s (a lot of local libraries should have it).

In terms of getting your head round Hamlet for the Leaving you'll probably find it more useful.

I did watch the Kenneth Branagh version too. We saw it at school. It was really good! I am a huge Tennant fan, so when I saw there's was a version of Hamlet with him in it coming out I put it on my Christmas list. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

LC2010HIS wrote: »

That's going on my CAO too when it comes around :)
    Well in my head I have it around 3rd and 4th choice but that could change.
    So we'll battle it together :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Does anyone else just keep thinking of the moment when they'll finish their Leaving on that day in June and getting incredibly excited?

No?

Ok... just me.:P

Advertisement