Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off Topic 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Didn't do my homework yet. :P

Nm, going to Cork!:D You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Didn't do my homework yet. :P

Nm, going to Cork!:D You?

Out tomorrow night hopefully. If I can find something to wear. Grr. :mad: It's so hard being a girl :pac:

Out tomorrow night hopefully. If I can find something to wear. Grr. :mad: It's so hard being a girl :pac:

It's so hard being a cat!

It's so hard being a cat!

Is not. All they do is sleep. And be cats. Simple.:D

Is not. All they do is sleep. And be cats. Simple.:D

That's a lie! They have to meowwwwwww:O

• Advertisement

That's a lie! They have to meowwwwwww:O

I stand corrected. ;)

X Factor Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Wow. :eek:

I stand corrected. ;)

X Factor Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Wow. :eek:

I know I know I know!! :D

<3 Cannot wait :)

I know I know I know!! :D

<3 Cannot wait :)

It better be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

I'm going to go out Saturday night and get so drunk:D have a massive hangover Sunday. Then I won't be able to write my Irish essay:( I'm such a waster:L

James2693 wrote: »
    I'm going to go out Saturday night and get so drunk:D have a massive hangover Sunday. Then I won't be able to write my Irish essay:( I'm such a waster:L

Sounds like a plan to me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The amount of times Alcohol gets discussed here is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Ah let them at it, they're just rehearsing for college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

He has a point though.

While I'm not interested in imposing a "pretend ye are all good little Pioneers!" rule, I'd prefer that this thread didn't become a record of who is going out when and how they felt the next morning!

Sigh. Have the flu. Already. In September. :mad:

But my dad lit the fire and I have microwave popcorn for the X Factor, so it's not that bad. :D

Yaaaaaay! :)

I'm after starting an essay for school. My teacher always gives me low marks though. :( This ones about freedom, do you think the starts OK? :)

“And the songbird keeps singing, like they know the score.”

The peace, the serenity, the colours, the scenery, it all adds up to make a beautiful scene. But a scene isn’t going to make me happy. I need freedom. I want freedom. Definitions of freedom are going to differ from person to person, but for me, freedom is where a person can let go: where they can be free to do whatever they like, and not worry about what anyone thinks about them; where they can allow themselves to ponder what would be, what could be, and what will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I'm after starting an essay for school. My teacher always gives me low marks though. :( This ones about freedom, do you think the starts OK? :)

The peace, the serenity, the colours, the scenery, it all adds up to make a beautiful scene. But a scene isn’t going to make me happy. I need freedom. I want freedom. Definitions of freedom are going to differ from person to person, but for me, freedom is where a person can let go: where they can be free to do whatever they like, and not worry about what anyone thinks about them; where they can allow themselves to ponder what would be, what could be, and what will be.
    Short story?

theowen wrote: »
    Short story?

Nope, it's a personal essay. :( I'm 518 words in now but it's going nowhere. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

Sigh. Have the flu. Already. In September. :mad:

But my dad lit the fire and I have microwave popcorn for the X Factor, so it's not that bad. :D

i've a really bad cough,i'm repeating and i'm SO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW!

i'd love love love to have a cosy night in and watch x factor but instead i've to work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Nope, it's a personal essay. :( I'm 518 words in now but it's going nowhere. :pac:
    Oh, never did anything other than a short story sorry:)

theowen wrote: »
    Oh, never did anything other than a short story sorry:)

Yeah we don't get a choice, she just gives us certain ones! -.-

• Advertisement

Decide whether you're talking about one songbird, or several! :p

Decide whether you're talking about one songbird, or several! :p

Shh it was given in the book so I had to quote it! :pac:
    I'm pretty sure it's from a song

Shh it was given in the book so I had to quote it! :pac:
    I'm pretty sure it's from a song
    It's Songbird (Hayley Westenra), and she sings "And the songbirds keep singing, like they know the score." :p

It's Songbird (Hayley Westenra), and she sings "And the songbirds keep singing, like they know the score." :p

Oh. I totally wrote that wrong so... :pac:

Also, I thought some Eva girl sings it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

When I write essay's I use spider diagrams to jot down the ideas and give the essay a plan. Did for the LC and worked well.

Also, I thought some Eva girl sings it? :P
    Google tells me that it was originally released by the late Eva Cassidy, and written by Christine McVie.

Can't say it's my type of music tbh, so I claim no expert knowledge.

But it's still "The songbirds keep singing ..." >_>

Sounds good. Maybe change " Definitions of freedom are going to differ from person to person" to 'Definitions of freedom differ from person to person" I think it flows a wee bit better. :)

Though I'm not sure if I'm the best person to listen with my trainwreck of a teacher. She can't spell 'saddened', and so told me it's not a word. It is. I checked. :pac:

Sounds good. Maybe change " Definitions of freedom are going to differ from person to person" to 'Definitions of freedom differ from person to person" I think it flows a wee bit better. :)

Though I'm not sure if I'm the best person to listen with my trainwreck of a teacher. She can't spell 'saddened', and so told me it's not a word. It is. I checked. :pac:

Hahahahha your english teacher sounds epic! :P

Whatcha think of XF?

Hahahahha your english teacher sounds epic! :P

Whatcha think of XF?

She is. An epic failure that is. :D I've had her since first year and she still can't pronounce my name. It's not that hard to pronounce. Grr.:mad:

Twas good. Your one with the hair and the eyelashes was.....interesting. :pac:

• Advertisement

She is. An epic failure that is. :D I've had her since first year and she still can't pronounce my name. It's not that hard to pronounce. Grr.:mad:

Twas good. Your one with the hair and the eyelashes was.....interesting. :pac:

My names Xylophone :) :pac:

hahahaha STUNNER<3

Advertisement