Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off Topic 2011

1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm fifth year too but God am I tired! I've been working one day every weekend since November and haven;t had a proper sleep in in aaages, I have to work extra for Xmas too! I've been working really hard this year in school too, it's worth it though cos' I have an A average in almost every subject, we have constant assessment not proper tests!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

RHunce wrote: »
    I'm doing christmas studies in julie kilmartins, is that where youre going?

nah, the tutorial :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yellowbelly16

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I felt the need to reawaken this thread to inform everyone about how depressing 6th year is. I hate it with a passion, it seriously makes me sad! :( Like I actually would drop out only for wanting to go to college 'cos I hate all my subjects and everything and it's all stupid and sad and uggh. :mad::(

I have never been so depressed :( I had a premock irish oral on Thursday with a different teacher, when she asked me to read a sliocht I hadn't done before it was so awful, tears started to roll down my face. I HATE the Leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I have never been so depressed :( I had a premock irish oral on Thursday with a different teacher, when she asked me to read a sliocht I hadn't done before it was so awful, tears started to roll down my face. I HATE the Leaving cert.

Same! It's really horrible isn't it? :( Don't worry though, you still have a lot of time before the real oral to work on the sliochts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Same! I'm in 'til next THURSDAY! I'm actually sickened :/

Me too, and my brothers off Wednesday. Annnd he's been complaining all day about the 5 minutes of homework he got.:mad:
    I don't mind the school part. Abit of banter. But by god, do I hate studying... I HATE IT!!! :mad:

I actually like the school part. Well the bit between classes and lunch.:pac: And the classes where you have really fun teachers who'll a bitts craic with ya. But once you get home, and you have to study. HELL!

*Apparently* I giggle pretty badly during my orals. I didn't notice, but everyone kept mentioning it to me. But sure, there's loads of time to practice and get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I hope there's no snow days from now 'til Thursday... I want to start bringing my books home:(

Are people gonna study over christmas? Other than homework and those revision courses, i've no intention of actually studying in my room over the holidays :/

Are people gonna study over christmas? Other than homework and those revision courses, i've no intention of actually studying in my room over the holidays :/

Haha. No. Not a chance. I need to, after those exams, but I won't. Ah well.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Not doing anything for the first week of the holidays anyway :P, I need a break. After that I'll do a bit, mocks are going to be coming pretty fast :o

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying the holidays. :)

• Advertisement

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying the holidays. :)

Thanks Bottleopener! :) Hope you did too! don't wear yourself out from too much study! :P

Thanks Bottleopener! :) Hope you did too! don't wear yourself out from too much study! :P

I've been studying food/drink/presents a lot over these past couple of days. Hopefully they come up on some sort of exam :P

I've been studying food/drink/presents a lot over these past couple of days. Hopefully they come up on some sort of exam :P

I hope that too! :P I also hope choosing things that are 70% off comes up.. I'm getting good at that! :pac:

Well that's my xmas holidays over. Stupid revision courses tomorrow :( i really don't wanna do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Same as, Irish and French, uh!

At least you only have two. I've irish, french, chemistry and english :( i just picked english coz it was the only subject that worked for me in their timetable for the do 4/5 for the price of 3 option. Bleh :(

Ouch, hope they go well for you lot and are worth it in the long run.

Anyone doing revision courses? Finding them any good? Last day tomorrow for me. Kinda happy as they're really tiring and i hate early mornings and the long drive in but I got some class notes that'll hopefully prove well come mocks and all that :)

Anyone else feel less guilty about being online when you should be studying by going to this LC forum? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Anyone else feel less guilty about being online when you should be studying by going to this LC forum? :rolleyes:

Um.....not really which I should be worried about but.meh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Study???? Eh.... I dont know the meaning!. Christ I am absolutely petrified. I honestly think the knowledge is just going to waltz into my head. Not a bit of study done. only when near exams. and after seeing my christmas results dont think i'll recover. I near failed my top subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Study???? Eh.... I dont know the meaning!. Christ I am absolutely petrified. I honestly think the knowledge is just going to waltz into my head. Not a bit of study done. only when near exams. and after seeing my christmas results dont think i'll recover. I near failed my top subject.

I know exactly how you feel :( I find it really hard to just put the head down and do some study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 treehouse2

Just dropped in to the school to collect my leaving construction project I did last year..

then i was told the bad news that it had been thrown away!

they explained to me that projects which have not been collected on time are either given away to staff or disposed of!

i think this is unfair... it was not clearly explained to us that if we did not collect projects on time they would be destroyed!

treehouse2 wrote: »
    Just dropped in to the school to collect my leaving construction project I did last year..

then i was told the bad news that it had been thrown away!

they explained to me that projects which have not been collected on time are either given away to staff or disposed of!

i think this is unfair... it was not clearly explained to us that if we did not collect projects on time they would be destroyed!

To be fair if you were given a time limit, you shoulda picked it up then. :confused:

I haven't done my xmas homework yet so like, studying is the last thing on my mind tbh :o I've to prepare a full french oral over the weekend :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

My french teacher was kind enough to send us out 3 page homework thing in the post to do over the Christmas holidays =/ I suppose it was to make up for the fact that the school closed because of the snow and we didn't get to do out french test, but still weird to get homework in the post :P

I'm gonna fail the Leaving Cert. :(

That is all.

Browsing Youtube and found this! I remember listening to this and thinking, "Pfffft, my Leaving Cert's yonks away!". Maybe Foley will be the one who can provide me with motivation...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Browsing Youtube and found this! I remember listening to this and thinking, "Pfffft, my Leaving Cert's yonks away!". Maybe Foley will be the one who can provide me with motivation...

:eek: You dont mention Ray Foley on Boards :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement