Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off Topic 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Umm hello yourself! :)

C'mon in, it's safe enough ... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Lol hello :D so yup first day back pretty ****ty. The LC is going to be a breeze hey;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Swing low, sweet chariot, Coming for to carry me home!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I miss Summer:(... So bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

6th year isn't that bad yet actually.
    I have to stay back every Tuesday and Wednesday along with my Economics/Business class so we can go ahead with the work and get it all finished before the Pre's.
    There isn't that much left in any course yet really except Irish and Biology, a bit in English too, so hopefully we'll have everything finished before the Pre's and just revise from then on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

O hai!

Might start posting here seeing as I'll be doing the leaving and all :P

O hai!

Might start posting here seeing as I'll be doing the leaving and all :P

Oh.. That thing! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm so, so tired after today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

I'm back tomorrow.. :(
    I'm going to have three new teachers this year. I don't mind two of those but one of them is going to be our maths teacher..
    I'd rather not have a brand new maths teacher this year especially incase she does some stuff different...
    But anyway, I'm going to try to be positive!
    One more year..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Oh.. That thing! :P

Yeah that thing I'll be hearing non-stop about for the months ahead :P

• Advertisement

Yeah that thing I'll be hearing non-stop about for the months ahead :P

I'm in 5th year and there's non-stop talk about it :P

We've got a good few speeches on it so far! :pac:

I'm back tomorrow.. :(
    I'm going to have three new teachers this year. I don't mind two of those but one of them is going to be our maths teacher..
    I'd rather not have a brand new maths teacher this year especially incase she does some stuff different...
    But anyway, I'm going to try to be positive!
    One more year..

That's the best thing to do I'd say, no point in stressing over it as there'll be more to worry about later on!

I'm the same, just try keep positive, it's the last year then I'm out of school! Obviously try get the best leaving I can along the way too :D

That's the best thing to do I'd say, no point in stressing over it as there'll be more to worry about later on!

I'm the same, just try keep positive, it's the last year then I'm out of school! Obviously try get the best leaving I can along the way too :D

Yeah, I'm trying to be like that as well, just nine months and I'll be gone!

I really don't feel like a Leaving Cert though, like when I was in 6th class or 1st year I always thought of the older classes being really big and scary (:o), but now I'm in the oldest year and I ain't big or scary!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

I really don't feel like a Leaving Cert though, like when I was in 6th class or 1st year I always thought of the older classes being really big and scary (:o), but now I'm in the oldest year and I ain't big or scary!! :pac:

Exact same as myself and the first years don't look half as afraid as we were I'm sure.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

:P Hopefully! :D
    Where you hoping to go/study? :)

DIT to do Optometry, what about yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Digits wrote: »
    Exact same as myself and the first years don't look half as afraid as we were I'm sure.:pac:

Some of them are really cheeky. Feel like giving them a slap lol. Also, barely a week at the school and the top buttons undone already. I miss laughing at the firsties with their giant schoolbags and tiny ties. :(

First years in my school are so frigin' cheeky.
    WHY AREN'T THEY SCARED ANYMORE?
    Damn them, and their confidence :pac:

The first years in my school are quiet...so far.

Although last years were so cheeky! I dread to think what they'll be like this year as second years! (Y'know the way they get all shmad thinking they're the business)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I love how when they hit 2nd/3rd year they think they're the sh!t and run the school! (Saying that I thought that at the time :rolleyes: oh to be young and naive)

Little do they know, the 6th years are the brains of the operation :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Old college saying relevant here:

In first year the students think the lecturers run the show.

In second year the lecturers think the students run the show.

By third year, no-one gives a fvck!

Never mind the first years getting cheekier, they're becoming sluttier by the day in my school :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Repeating for the foreseeable future, just hoping to go up by even five points in the appeals, I reviewed my papers today. If I go up five points and get my place, BAM I'm outta there! But I do like my new school :)

Ally7 wrote: »
    Never mind the first years getting cheekier, they're becoming sluttier by the day in my school :pac:

Haha, I'm in an all guys school so not really a problem there :P

annainez wrote: »
    Repeating for the foreseeable future, just hoping to go up by even five points in the appeals, I reviewed my papers today. If I go up five points and get my place, BAM I'm outta there! But I do like my new school :)

Whatcha hoping to do? :)

Haha, I'm in an all guys school so not really a problem there :P

I'm in an all-girls school but our school is near two boys schools, which is how I know how slutty they are :pac:

Whatcha hoping to do? :)

European Studies in Trinity, I got enough points but I was not randomly selected (computer says nooo). Oh well gonna aim for 600 so they simply can't refuse me! Haha.

Yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

annainez wrote: »
    European Studies in Trinity, I got enough points but I was not randomly selected (computer says nooo). Oh well gonna aim for 600 so they simply can't refuse me! Haha.

Yourself?

:eek: :eek: :eek: the course is in its 500's. have you checked the second round offers today.

unknown13 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek: the course is in its 500's. have you checked the second round offers today.

Yep the course is 525* (that effing asterix!!) and I got 525. Yes, yes I have checked the second offers!! I know it's insane, but that's the stupid Irish system for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If your that mad about languages you should just study them in TCD because there is culture modules you do aswell.

Advertisement