Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim or Navan-where are the good schools!

Options
  • 27-08-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi girls and guys,

my husband has finally secured a job after being made redundant almost 10 months ago. Naturally we are over the moon but the new problem is now deciding where to move to!He will be working all over the Meath / Louth/ Dublin area so the choice of location ultimately comes down to good schools. We don't have the funds at the moment to even consider buying a house so we plan to rent for the moment. We have narrowed down but are torn between Navan and Trim- I'm veering towards Trim myself; its so beautiful!

We have two girls, the eldest is going into fifth class and the youngest into fourth. I know there is an all girls school in Trim as well as a mixed Gael Scoil. What are the schools like-the girls have been to a Gael Scoil before in Lucan.HELP!!What is the Gael Scoil in Navan like?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Congrats on the job.

I wasnt sure if it was primary or secondary you were most interested in.

Scoil Mhuire in Trim is an all girls secondary school. It is very well run and I would know a few girls that are very happy there. regarding primary school, St Marys is a good primary school also and our girls got on well there.

I would also be aware of The Mercy secondary in Navan and it is also an excellent school. The Loreto is popular but i dont know it 1st hand.

Gaelscoil primary in Trim is popular. I dont know a huge amount about it but havent heard any bad stories either .

You seem to e very interested in making the right decision. Have you thought about calling into a couple of the schools? I know that the principal in Scoil Mhuire would be v open to discussion & I am sure the other principals would too.

You can PM me if you have a specific question.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Myself and family moved to Trim late last year and we love it. I looked at Navan, Ratoath, Dunshaughlin etc. and nowhere came close imo to Trim.

My young lad starts in the Gaelscoil tomorrow - he was already in another Gealscoil before which is a requirement of course. Got a good feeling about the school from what we've seen so far anyway but of course the proof will be in the pudding as they say.

The principal of the Gaelscoil in Trim I'd say would be more than happy to talk to you - we found her very helpful.

Good luck in your decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 costello27

Thanks so much-its so tough when there are so many choices! I think I agree with you that Trim is the nicest of the options. We wont be moving until at least half term so we have a bit of time to do our research and decide between St Mary's Girls NS and the Gaelscoil. Its handy though if you can make a decision based on other peoples experiences; we dont want to have to have an added stress of school on top of the move and a new job etc!

Advertisement