Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the best cycle route from Rathmines to Tallaght?

• 27-08-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Im starting college in Tallaght and im planning on cycling there everyday.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a good route to cycle or one similar from Rathmines to Tallaght village?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Terenure, Templeogue and up the bypass and you can take a number of rights into the village for the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Straight up Rathgar Road and up through Terenure and Templeogue.

The bypass is godawfully boring, so I'd suggest hanging a left at Templogue Bridge (across Old Bridge Rd on googlemaps) and proceeding down the Firhouse Rd as far as the Old Bawn, heading up to Tallaght on the Old Bawn Road. Much nicer cycle path this way and easier on the eye than the N81. Plus the Firhouse road just bridges over the M50, obviating the need to either take your life in your hands on the N81 on the enormo-roundabout (option 1) or on the ped/bike underpass where scummers hang out and may nick your Orbea (option 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ND88

deadly, thanks for your replies. I tried them both out :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ND88 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im starting college in Tallaght and im planning on cycling there everyday.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a good route to cycle or one similar from Rathmines to Tallaght village?

Pry the same route already mentioned but I go Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure, Spawell roundabout and straight over the M50, take a right at the first roundabout after and head up the old main tallaght road.

Advertisement