Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dirtiest ever premier league player

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No mention of Joey Barton.

/Suprised

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

nullzero wrote: »
    Still no mention of this git...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUG785hvEdGOBsZyCRxQLtc9m1nao0hgktVMFlOjvCpo_qT40&t=1&usg=__-mNsd_qNcn6uXP0vWTbX8YmtdL4=
    He has been mentioned... Mr 3 posts in a row... Jeez!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

No mention of Joey Barton.

/Suprised

Once again, there are 3 pages before this, where Barton has been mentioned, i know this cause i infact was about the 3rd person to mention him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Alan Shearer was a dirty player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The players that are currently playing would be angels back in the 90's and that includes John Terry, Joey Barton etc.

I mentioned Cantona already, Ruddock is another one, Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Vieira, Keane spring to mind but as much as i loved his talent, Bergkamp was a filthy knack with some of his elbows/stamps, many which he got away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Alan Shearer was a dirty player.

Agreed.

The stamp on Neil Lennon's head and subsequent threats to pull out of the England squad if punished were disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

seriously has to be roy keane, absolute thug, I am ashamed that he is irish tbh (dont get me started on stephen hunt the skull cracker, thug)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought that aul Denis Irwin was one mad bastid on the pitch back in the day.

joke he was actually quite a good player, there were plenty of dirty players both past and present, impossible to choose who was the worst in my opinion.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    (dont get me started on stephen hunt the skull cracker, thug)

Yeah he must be up to 6 or 7 skull crushings by now ? :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope this was a pisstake, if not, i feel for you, really i do. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Has to be Paul Scholes. If I hear Andy Gray say one more time 'everyone knows tackling isn't Scholsey's strong point', I'm going to puke. The lad cannot tackle, yet continues to lunge in on opponents every game. It's as if we should forgive him beause of his medals haul. So what if he has other attributes, the player is a malicious skanger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It is without shadow or doubt Michael Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Cattermole has to be one of the dirtiest at the moment although that may just be over exuberance.
    Viera, Keane, And Michael Brown are the dirtiest of all time I reckon though Brown definetly the number one on my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

oldyouth wrote: »
    Has to be Paul Scholes. If I hear Andy Gray say one more time 'everyone knows tackling isn't Scholsey's strong point', I'm going to puke. The lad cannot tackle, yet continues to lunge in on opponents every game. It's as if we should forgive him beause of his medals haul. So what if he has other attributes, the player is a malicious skanger.

ye you're right, because Scholes tackles hard he's dirtier than Keane, Vinnie Jones, JOEY BARTON, Brown, Terry etc. To call Paul Scholes a skanger, I'd say that's a first. He is probably the least scummy player in the league on a personal level. His tackles are bad but in 20 years has he caused any injuries? Serious anti-United feeling in this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Liam O wrote: »
    ye you're right, because Scholes tackles hard he's dirtier than Keane, Vinnie Jones, JOEY BARTON, Brown, Terry etc. To call Paul Scholes a skanger, I'd say that's a first. He is probably the least scummy player in the league on a personal level. His tackles are bad but in 20 years has he caused any injuries? Serious anti-United feeling in this thread...

Anti United?? Don't make me laugh, Roy Keane is a thug, there is no arguement there. Paul Scholes is one of the nicest people off the pitch to ever play football but the man can't tackle for shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

FearDark wrote: »
    Anti United?? Don't make me laugh, Roy Keane is a thug, there is no arguement there. Paul Scholes is one of the nicest people off the pitch to ever play football but the man can't tackle for shít.

so? Keane could tackle so does that mean that by your own standards that he wasn't dirty? You can't call a player dirty because in the heat of the moment they lose it once or twice. I seem to remember Arsene Wenger getting in a fight with Alan Pardew was it? Does that mean Wenger is a scumbag? The fact that Scholes is even being mentioned in this thread is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I cant stand watching Rooney. People try to dress it up as "passion". I just think he is a thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pauleta wrote: »
    I cant stand watching Rooney. People try to dress it up as "passion". I just think he is a thug.

Rooney's not dirty at all though, he's very passionate but does go over the top a little but he's not dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think john terry is the dirtiest player who gets away with everything somehow but id say keane be the dritest ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

El Hadji Diouf

Dirty cnut ,spitting etc..
    Ade for the stamp on Rob V P face etc..
    Fab spat at someone too?? ,not his usual self

Outside epl
    Eto is a moody cow too
    Van Bommel is dog rough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Nobodys mentioned Mascherano yet :eek:

Wow....Just Wow :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Johner wrote: »
    Rooney's not dirty at all though, he's very passionate but does go over the top a little but he's not dirty.

This isnt "passion" or "a little over the top"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwuZgCbAdY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Honorable mention to Vidic, who isn't thuggish but gets away with murder with constant elbows and kicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

seriously has to be roy keane, absolute thug, I am ashamed that he is irish tbh (dont get me started on stephen hunt the skull cracker, thug)

ROFL I feel sorry for you if you think that.

Gerrard, Thatcher, Mascherano, Terry, Barton etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Paul Scholes. A complete thug of a player.

Le King wrote: »
    Gerrard

:confused:

Mister men wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Typical.

:confused:

What about that horrible tackle against Naysmith in 2002? Probably on of the worst I've seen in the PL.

There's been a few dirty slides from Gerrard in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Duncan Ferguson, Patrick Vieira, and Richard Dunne have the most red cards in the history of the Premier League, with 8 each. They are followed by Vinnie Jones, Roy Keane & Alan Smith on 7.

So, there ye have it.
    It's Keane.

• Advertisement

Ah come on now Gerrard is no where near the dirtiest player ever in the Prem, and Brown deserved that and more. :D

ROFL I feel sorry for you if you think that.

Gerrard, Thatcher, Mascherano, Terry, Barton etc.

So you feel sorry for people you dont agree with :rolleyes:, thats a great attitude to have man

So you feel sorry for people you dont agree with :rolleyes:, thats a great attitude to have man

Yeah, obviously. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ah come on now Gerrard is no where near the dirtiest player ever in the Prem, and Brown deserved that and more. :D
    Worst diver ever though.

The problem people might have with the rubbish you posted is that you called him a skull crusher in a fair tackle he was entitled to go for...Hence why some peeps would have thought you were fishing...
    Seeing as you may actually believe he meant to cause a slim hairline fracture by landing on him in such a way to cause that, well, hold strong those beliefs, but, we will ridicule you and them. ;)

d22ontour wrote: »
    The problem people might have with the rubbish you posted is that you called him a skull crusher in a fair tackle he was entitled to go for...Hence why some peeps would have thought you were fishing...
    Seeing as you may actually believe he meant to cause a slim hairline fracture by landing on him in such a way to cause that, well, hold strong those beliefs, but, we will ridicule you and them. ;)

I never said nor think that he meant to do it. I assume it was an accident but remember cech was nearly killed, and I dont think it was a challenge he had to make, the keeper clearly had the ball, he did not need to stick his foot in their. But of course I dont think he meant to crack his skull, just rough him up a bit ( which was unnecesary)

On the other hand keane went out of his way to injure another player yet he is loved in this country

(dont get me started on stephen hunt the skull cracker, thug)
    I never said nor think that he meant to do it.

Yet you called him a skull cracker and thug ? Why would you use both in the same sentence ? Yes he cracked a skull, accidental as it was.
    Why would you think he was a thug if i may ask ?

Yet you called him a skull cracker and thug ? Why would you use both in the same sentence ? Yes he cracked a skull, accidental as it was.
    Why would you think he was a thug if i may ask ?

because he did not need to make such a dangerous challenge when the keeper had the ball, why would he do that unless he wanted to let cech know he was there?

because he did not need to make such a dangerous challenge when the keeper had the ball, why would he do that unless he wanted to let cech know he was there?

Ah.

To quote Apres match as i always wanted to do...
    No Muse no, your talking through your hoop there.
    He was entitled to go for it, yet you deem his career to be a thug for one challenge which he had all rights to go for.
    You call him the dirtiest player ever from one challenge ? Which you are actually wrong about ?
    You sir, have failed this forum more in this thread than any United/Pool fan could ever do with their biased ****e. :o

• Advertisement

Laughable.

Ah.

To quote Apres match as i always wanted to do...
    No Muse no, your talking through your hoop there.
    He was entitled to go for it, yet you deem his career to be a thug for one challenge which he had all rights to go for.
    You call him the dirtiest player ever from one challenge ? Which you are actually wrong about ?
    You sir, have failed this forum more in this thread than any United/Pool fan could ever do with their biased ****e. :o

Actually I said roy keane was the dirtiest player. I mentioned hunt as a sidenote because of a insident which I think should not have happened. You say I am wrong about whether or not he should have made the challenge, surely thats a matter of opinion yet you seem to think I am wrong based on a opinion. So whos talking through their hoop exactly.

And le king, you are laughable:D see I have fallen to your level of childish name calling also.

ave fallen to your level of childish name calling also.

Laughable isn't name calling nor is it childish name calling.

Wise up.

Laughable isn't name calling nor is it childish name calling.

Wise up.

Learn to accept that other people might actually disagree with you sometimes, that does not make other peoples opinions laughable.

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Mister men wrote: »

Also, finest English player of his generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Boogers. Marco Boogers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

hunt the skull cruncher:rolleyes:,he aint a patch on Marlon "tear your bowel"Harewood,the dirtiest ever premier league player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

#15 wrote: »
    Also, finest English player of his generation.

Wouldn't go overboard mate, he's had a decent run of games which reminds people that he isn't as bad as his past 3 seasons form suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wouldn't go overboard mate, he's had a decent run of games which reminds people that he isn't as bad as his past 3 seasons form suggests.

But his form wasn't that bad the last 3 seasons, all things considered.

It's not a judgement based on the last three games either. I could have told you that before the season started.

There are very few English players of the last 20 years that have been as good as Scholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

when you look over scholes career there is no other english player in that time that comes close to him.

Learn to accept that other people might actually disagree with you sometimes, that does not make other peoples opinions laughable.

Grow up.

You're opinions are laughable.
    Lukker- wrote: »

What? Are you suggesting that calling Scholes the finest English player of his generation is "going overboard".

That's a ridiculous statement. Take off your blinkers. Delusional.

• Advertisement
Advertisement