Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owners of LG LF7700 TVs

• 27-08-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Over on joinfreesat.co.uk theres an announcement of LG giving out freesat boxes to all owners of the above TVs in order to use BBC iplayer / ITV player - Dont know yet if owners in the ROI will qualify, but if anyone hears any more, maybe they could post it here

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/lg-offering-freesat-receivers-for-iplayer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

I emailed Customer Support (providing my Irish Address) and this is the reply I got:

Thank you for your email.
    There are technical difficulties in ensuring that the LG Freesat TV is fully compatible with the BBC iPlayer. As a gesture of goodwill LG will provide a set top box to enable your LG Freesat TV to work with both the BBC iPlayer and ITV Player.
    We require contact details (if not already provided), the serial number and a copy of the proof of purchase in order to process the claim, once received the Freesat box will be delivered within 7-14 days. Please email these details to cic.uk@lge.com.
    Best Regards,
    LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
    LG Customer Services
    UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954
    Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They may of course realise that mostly BBC iPlayer doesn't work in Ireland ANYWAY, and thus limit offer to UK postcodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

i have one of these, we cant get bbc iplayer here? but we can get a free hd , humax?, freesat box? seems like a bonus to me. thanks for posting this? i got mine delivered to the north, but would love to know if you can get box delivered to south? please update me. thanks.

I've submitted my claim - will let you know how I get on..

any reply yet homer?

• Advertisement

It took them a while but having sent them details on the 1st, they came back on the 9th and confirmed my application, indicating 7-14 days for delivery, but it looks like others have been waiting longer than this so I'm not holding my breath.

No apparent issue with my Dublin Address. I bought the TV from Richersounds in Belfast

The first deliveries have been Humax Foxsat HD boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

homer911 wrote: »
    It took them a while but having sent them details on the 1st, they came back on the 9th and confirmed my application, indicating 7-14 days for delivery, but it looks like others have been waiting longer than this so I'm not holding my breath.

No apparent issue with my Dublin Address. I bought the TV from Richersounds in Belfast

The first deliveries have been Humax Foxsat HD boxes

Thanks for the update Homer. I bought mine from Richer Sounds in Belfast also - but don't recall getting a receipt (via email, or printed). :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I emailed on the 31st September and got the same reply as Homer on the 2nd August.
    Half Tempted to email again and see what the delay is, but don't want to draw any attention to my application or they might cop on to the fact we're not supposed to get the iPlayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The beeb are going to Launch an International version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Yis are all gansgters thats all I'll say.

Going straight to hell with your Humax STBs.

Feckers :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

JDxtra wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Homer. I bought mine from Richer Sounds in Belfast also - but don't recall getting a receipt (via email, or printed).

Contact them with your name and address and approx. date of purchase. Ask if they can provide an invoice copy.

If you paid by credit card, your c.c. company will be able to provide a record of payment.

i had to send in my reciept, scan of reciept was to feint to read. so will be waiting a while for mine. anyone know which exact model it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Has anyone got their box yet?

I have one of these TV's and don't know if I should use an NI address (which would be hassle for me) or if I can use my owen address here in the South.

Rgds,

D.

Dummy wrote: »
    Has anyone got their box yet?

I have one of these TV's and don't know if I should use an NI address (which would be hassle for me) or if I can use my owen address here in the South.

Rgds,

D.

No still waiting, nearly a month now!!
    And there are plenty of people over on joinfreesat.co.uk who applied much later and have received their boxes.

dos30 wrote: »
    No still waiting, nearly a month now!!
    And there are plenty of people over on joinfreesat.co.uk who applied much later and have received their boxes.

Thank you for that - Northern postal address it is so.

Freesat box received today :D

Freesat box received today :D

That's great !!

What make of box did you get? Did you use a Southern address?

D.

Humax Foxsat HD box.

Yep I used a southern address.

Humax Foxsat HD box.

Yep I used a southern address.

That's brilliant. Thanks for letting us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Arent LG the bomb!

• Advertisement

Yee Hah! my free Humax Freesat box arrived today!

got mine today. happy days.

Cool. Hope I'm not too late, just sending in my request now.

Just got confirmation back that they'll send me the receiver as a goodwill gesture within 7-14 working days. Sweet.

"Goodwill gesture" ???

JD, you are making me nervous. I'm still looking for the receipt for mine.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭whynotdo

Dummy wrote: »
    I'm still looking for the receipt for mine.
    First of all,a big thank You for the tip on this from the OP.

Dummy i had the receipt for the one We bought last March in a Power City but it was too faded to scan or Fax.
    I applied first on Aug 31st and LG's CSA.s could not have been any more helpful.

At the time LG were saying that an email from where it was purchased with the reference number LG give you would do.
    They changed their mind and decided a physical receipt was required(cant blame them as many were saying they were putting them straight up on ebay)

LG told Me that by law retail outlets must keep records of purchase.on this Power city were brilliant,they emailed a copy of proof of purchase and when this was not good enough they posted a physical receipt with the LG reference number written on it, and hey presto box arriavedby Courier(i am in Sth Ireland)last Monday.

hope this helps,if in some way You can remember the date of purchase it is a big help to the retailer.

I don't know what i expected from this box but decided it would be no harm to have if the TV's internal tuner frizzled.
    for some reason i thought the hdmi cable might improve the HD channels but no noticeble diffrience,also switching to non freesat mode is more cumbersome than the TV.s inbuilt system.

We too got the Foxsat HD(Humax)

really cant complain though,a back up tuner.a free hdmi cable.a free Scart and the other type(3 cables color coded that i cannot remember the name of)
    better than a kick in the you know whats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the OP for this spot.

I emailed LG this morning (cic.uk at lge dot com) with a scan of my invoice and the serial number of my tv and they got back to me this afternoon confirming that my STB will be delivered within 14-21 days. Sounds like they are delivering no problem to addresses in the Republic, so happy times.

New box is perfect for me, as I'd given my old Humax box to my parents and didn't have a box for our second TV. In fact, since I won that particular TV (32" Philips 7 series 100hz 1080p), I'll have a full FreeSat HD 100z setup in that room for exactly €0.

homer911 wrote: »
    Over on joinfreesat.co.uk theres an announcement of LG giving out freesat boxes to all owners of the above TVs in order to use BBC iplayer / ITV player - Dont know yet if owners in the ROI will qualify, but if anyone hears any more, maybe they could post it here

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/lg-offering-freesat-receivers-for-iplayer

Thanks OP. I got my set top box over the weekend.

Well spotted.

Advertisement