Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice to first years!

Options
  • 27-08-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Now its getting close to first year starting and this time last year I too was a terrified, yet excited incoming first year. But know this: every single one of the people starting are just as terrified as you are, and they too want to make friends and settle in as fast at they can so you will find making friends very easy, you are all in the same boat!

Other than that if you get involved you will make tons of friends, become a class rep!, get involved in the student union! join some clubs and societies join the epic events team! you will make loads of friends get some free t-shirts and get a load of cv fodder all in one go!

Im sure all the other returning students will agree!

so don't worry! relax and get ready for the best years of your life!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Party like it's 1999! Seriously first years have nothing to fear. Surround yourselves with like minded people and get involved with a club or two. Play hard and work hard. Trust me when you get to my age you'll realise college was the best days of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

I heard that there was a ritual first year sacrifice!! One fresher sacrificed in each of the streets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

idk from my own experience best way to find friends as first is with societies first...

my course people were kinda distance in first all in little groups...every one only started getting to know each other in the last few months of the 1st year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Alcohol..

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

The advice I would give 1st years would be even though you are going to have the best time of your life with all the nights out and groups you are going to meet try try and try to get assignments done when you first get them this way you won't spend the last 3 week before christmas and summer in the library and you can go out then once it's done and you won't have to worry!

• Advertisement

JohnG18 wrote: »
    try and try to get assignments done when you first get them!

yeah like that ever works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Wear a jimmy or you'll wake up one morning like this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

yeah like that ever works :)
    Trying to be the eternal optimist this year!! Gonna try follow my own advice :P

yeah so did i :) i said semester 2 now...gonna do all my assignments as soon as i get them...tried doing it on first day and ended up spending a whole evening on fb and youtube :)

Advertisement