Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL -- MOODLE?///////

Options
  • 27-08-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

:confused::confused:Anyone else get an email yesterday into their UL accounts about MOODLE??

What the hell is it? Cause it refuses to accept the password I was given to log in!

Anyone else have same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Yeah I got an email aswell and the given password doesnt work.

Aint too fussed about it ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

:confused::confused:Anyone else get an email yesterday into their UL accounts about MOODLE??

What the hell is it? Cause it refuses to accept the password I was given to log in!

Anyone else have same problem?

Same here bud, I'd say everyone is in the same boat... just going to have to wait until they sort it out. As for it's purpose.. who knows???...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Same as, password doesnt work.

Its basically a better version of Sulis that lots of the other universities use. Looks like UL finally copped on and got rid of Sulis! Has to be good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Yupp just noticed this today looks to be a modern version of Sulis but I also couldn't get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

http://moodle.org/

^^^ It's an open source course management system.

Sulis is a product called rSmart Sakai...two different products but they offer the same sort of functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I emailed the guy to let him know that the login didn't work.

He mailed me back to say ignore the earlier mail. It was sent in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Something like this tends to happen every now and then, happened with sulis a few years ago. Only problem will be ITD trying to sort it out, they take AGES to fix anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

For F*&K sake. Moving to moodle. They could have told us!!!

NOT IMPRESSED!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

ninty9er wrote: »
    For F*&K sake. Moving to moodle. They could have told us!!!

NOT IMPRESSED!

Amen bruddar. I was stumped when I saw this. An e-mail wouldn't have gone amiss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

rmacm wrote: »
    http://moodle.org/

^^^ It's an open source course management system.

Sulis is a product called rSmart Sakai...two different products but they offer the same sort of functionality.
    Yeah, that.^

Moodle's very nice, I rather prefer it to the sulis/what the rest of the world calls it product. Can be hell to install but that's not a problem that students who use it will face. I assume the move (or probable move) comes from moodle being OSS and a saving on licensing fees - the Centre for Teaching & Learning budget has presumably had a wee bit of a slashing this year due to the university deficit as this year they're not running those study skills workshops every week like they used to do, though they're running some in week 2.

I guess Blackboard was another option as most of the Irish colleges seem to use it but it's got reliability problems and also isn't a no-cost license. Besides, moodle is pretty stable and mature by now, good move if they're moving.

tl;dr version: Moodle's quite good, if they switch to it you'll almost certainly like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Hey everyone,

I also got the email about moodle and tried the password supplied a million times to no avail. Then I tried a different tactic, instead of using the password the email gave me I used the password I normally use for sulis/student records and it logged me in. So anyone having trouble just try your original ul password and ignore the one given in the email.

Hope this helps.
    :D

Advertisement