Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grant

Options
  • 27-08-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, Anyone know the answer to this question.
    my wife has been on a plc course the last two years and receiving a grant from the vec. she now has a place in third level, does she still qualify for the grant. our circumstances have not changed in the last two years.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

japbyrne wrote: »
    Hi, Anyone know the answer to this question.
    my wife has been on a plc course the last two years and receiving a grant from the vec. she now has a place in third level, does she still qualify for the grant. our circumstances have not changed in the last two years.
    Thanks.

She will still get the grant AFAIK but if she is in receipt of BTEA, due to budgetary implications, she will only get one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭japbyrne

She is not in receipt of beta or any social welfare allowanace.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

japbyrne wrote: »
    She is not in receipt of beta or any social welfare allowanace.

Nothing stopping her so as far as I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭japbyrne

Thanks for that Long Term Louth.
    According to what i have read, that would be my oppinion also.
    Will know for sure next week as the vec is posting out letters to applicants.

Advertisement