Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on course

Options
  • 27-08-2010 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Forgive me if this in the the wrong section i am just so confused.

I am lookin at doing a course to do with business to enable me to progress in my job and move up the ladder.

Can anyone advise me what type i should be doing. I dont have the money to to an MBA right now but i want to start getting some types of courses, it'd be great if anyone could help me out

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mono627

bungler wrote: »
    Hi All, Forgive me if this in the the wrong section i am just so confused.

I am lookin at doing a course to do with business to enable me to progress in my job and move up the ladder.

Can anyone advise me what type i should be doing. I dont have the money to to an MBA right now but i want to start getting some types of courses, it'd be great if anyone could help me out

Cheers

What's your background? An MBA would generally help you with career progression but it's not for everyone (and is quite expensive so probably doesn't suit your circumstances).

You could also look into a Masters in Management (think Smurfit have one) which wouldn't cost as much as an MBA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I left school at 13 but i have been very succesful and i am now working for a big company with a good job but i want to make sure i can keep moving up the ladder.

I wouldnt have the money for an MBA but at the same timei dont want to spend a year or 2 doing a course which is not really reconised.
    Sorry but im just so confused as there is so many different courses but i will check out Smurfit now and see what they offfer

Advertisement