Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANG! there goes another Tube.

• 27-08-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

3 in total last night, the last saw me walking for almost an hour through the wilds of south Meath.

2 went before the start of the club race. A chap spotted the deflation in my rear tyre 5 mins before the off. I quickly change it and start pumping, then BANG and I mean BANG! The tube exploded. Sure didn't bring a smile to the lads standing there waiting for the race:o. Many thanks to Caroline_ie for throwing me a lifeline in this case a spare tube. Thanks too to 'The Crunch' D Quigley for calmly helping me fit the second tube. At this stage I was just thankful If I got to line-up with my group. I did just about but had to adjust the derailleur and chase like mad to catch the back of them.

Night done, got some sambo's and tea/coffee in the bar which gave me the energy for my 'journey'. I needed them. Somewhere near Blackhall, halfway between Batterstown and Maynooth I noticed the tell-tale rumble from my back wheel. Boll***s, I was punctured again and baby don't you know I was out of tubes. So I stripped back into the trackie bottoms and trainers I had brought to the pub and started walking.

Had a mobile of course but the 0.3% of coverage that Vodafone don't have around Ireland obviously extented to this part of the country. I kept trying but it wasn't happening. As I walked I experienced a calmness for a short while. A bit like Lance absorbing his final Tour as he climbed those last few mountains. The moon was out, the stars were shining, the bats were flying. All I needed was a beautiful woman and some Enigma or Kenny G playing in the background!!;) That feeling quickly went away as I wasn't really making progress home.

At 22:25pm, as I look up and see the Space Station zoom across the sky, I get a dial tone. Perhaps the techno gods were sending a sign when I saw the ISS.:D Still had to walk for another 15 minutes or so before my lift arrived. Finally home, and food and just for a moment I wonder why I took up this racing game. When I say 'for a moment' I mean 0.68 seconds!

Advertisement