Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Branoic wrote: »
    Does getting 100% syncronization mean anything gameplay wise or is it just something for completionists?

I was trying it on the first "real" assassin mission -
    infiltrate Castille d'Angelo without Bering detected
    and got right to the very last guard before being spotted. Fuming, as it was great fun, but don't want to retry the memory yet if it doesn't affect the game.

I'm wondering the same myself. Exact same thing happened to me in the mission you mentioned, so angry about it. I'd wager it's mostly an exercise in Gamer Points/Trophies (or whatever it is PS3 people have). It does offer some replay incentive though. If you've got a half hour to kill, you might want to go back and do one of these tough missions and get the 100%. Did the
    Leonardo Tank
    one last night and that was a good laugh, but again, at the last minute, missed out on the 100% which nearly resulted in the controller going through the screen!

Also managed to get 6 of my Recruits up to "Assassin" level last night, so very pleased with that. Have 1 more on level 9 and 2 new recruits on 7 (those areas that were locked off that I thought was a glitch were suddenly not locked off).

Again, I come back to the bugs in the game. It's not as stable as it needs to be and that's worrying when you're talking about a game that you have to sink quite a bit of time in to. The fear of a corrupted save file is constant. I had to go through that twice with that Rockstar Bully game - first at about 25% through and again at about 55% through. I was outraged that a game that old (I bought it on the cheap almost 2 years after release) hadn't been patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does getting 100% syncronization mean anything gameplay wise or is it just something for completionists?

and got right to the very last guard before being spotted. Fuming, as it was great fun, but don't want to retry the memory yet if it doesn't affect the game.

Getting 100% sync on memories unlocks cheats that you can enable only when replaying memories. It also turns off autosave so it doesn't wreck your game file. Here is a list below:

Ride the Unicorn
    100 percent sync on Sequence 1.

Buns of Steel
    100 percent sync on Sequence 2.

Killing Spree
    100 percent sync on Sequence 3.

Sisterhood
    100 percent sync on Sequence 4.

Ultimate Guild
    100 percent sync on Sequence 5.

Unlimited Assassin Signals
    100 percent sync on Sequence 6.

Desmond Everywhere
    100 percent sync on Sequence 8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If the Sequence 8 is what I think it is then I must unlock it, sounds too funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I say, it all goes a bit "What the F*CK" again when you get all those little glyph things. I hope the developers know where the story is headed, because I sure as hell don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Did anyone else notice on the contract management map where you send your assassins on missions - the six counties are shaded as part of the UK? During the Renaissance? :)

• Advertisement

A website pointed out its based on modern times rather than 15th century. They have Moscow inside Poland and such. Ya could fluff it and say that its Desmonds view of Europe permeating out but probably a lazy dev didnt want to find a 500 year old version of a European map.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Branoic wrote:
    Did anyone else notice on the contract management map where you send your assassins on missions - the six counties are shaded as part of the UK? During the Renaissance?
    You see, what it is is, SHUT THE HELL UP BITCH!!!! ANY MORE STOOPID QUESTIONS? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pfft, Abstergo had clearly earmarked those counties centuries before they allowed that whole "1916" thing to happen to fool the Irish rabble into thinking they got what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    A website pointed out its based on modern times rather than 15th century. They have Moscow inside Poland and such. Ya could fluff it and say that its Desmonds view of Europe permeating out but probably a lazy dev didnt want to find a 500 year old version of a European map.

That's your main worry? I'd be more worried how they fit that interface onto a carrier pidgeon!?

I never played a game before that when I get to the main menu screen, I have to flip a coin to decide whether to play single player or online!

On sequence 7, I had every intention to start the next mission but I said I would do a romulus lair 1st. Get to it and find I can't reach it cuz water is too low. I went around fixing aquaducts thinking that would help. Inbetween aquaducts I was sending assassins on missions, bringing down borgia towers, restoring rome and trying to pass the assassins guild challenge. I just can't seem to focus on one particular mission, I keep getting distracted by all the other fun stuff to do!

Then went online, came 1st 3 games in a row, got most of the online trophies (the ones im missing look right hard!) But just had the best online experience in a long time.

Well done UBI!

PS. The assassins creed brotherhood theme you can get from uplay is class!

• Advertisement

Just saw 1st DLC announced and it's free!

Multiplayer map and Alliance Advanced. Map looks well cool, nice vertical level for acrobatic kills.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ac_brotherhood_at_the_mont_st_michel-10229_en.html

image_assassin_s_creed_brotherhood_-14168-2033_0001.jpg

Trieed Advanced Wanted and is a lot harder. Compass gives a far broader area as the target location, plus no "Up" and "Down" indicators. Will make Alliance more tense and team spotting vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally got a party of 4 to go, had one private game and 'ubisofts server' went down. Frustrating.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Finally got a party of 4 to go, had one private game and 'ubisofts server' went down. Frustrating.

Ya, saw servers were down last night, finally got some quality single player in. Got the maps for the flags and feathers, well handy. Will be a lot more 'enjoyable' collecting these than in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finally managed to stop getting distracted by side quests long enough to finish the story Mode.
    Wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Im not sure if 100% sync gives you anything but i do know that to unlock the 5 Cristina missions you will need to get 75% sync. They are the only missions i know of that are dependent on sync.

Was just looking through the trophies I had earned so far and I noticed I never got the trophy for finishing DNA Sequence 7. now I've finished the story line for the game and have the trophies for 8 and 9, but no 7?!

Also missing the 'Amen!' trophy for finsing the shrine in San Pietro. Despite having found it and having the Brutus armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I have played the other 2 AC and enjoyed them immensely, i'm short on cash at the moment so is this game a buyer or a renter??

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I have played the other 2 AC and enjoyed them immensely, i'm short on cash at the moment so is this game a buyer or a renter??

Instant buy!

Same kinda gameplay as AC 2, story isn't as strong but way more to do in it. Game of the year IMO.

Ya, game has a problem tracking things like there is a view point that I did but the symbol won't disapear from the map. I've done it multiple times and map area clears but the symbol for it is still there (unless i'm being stupid and the symbols stay on the map after you jump from the view point but I don't think so.

Frisbee that sucks about the trophies, did you try and replay through them?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Instant buy!

Same kinda gameplay as AC 2, story isn't as strong but way more to do in it. Game of the year IMO.

Ya, game has a problem tracking things like there is a view point that I did but the symbol won't disapear from the map. I've done it multiple times and map area clears but the symbol for it is still there (unless i'm being stupid and the symbols stay on the map after you jump from the view point but I don't think so.

How long is the story 10 hrs??

• Advertisement

How long is the story 10 hrs??

Well, i would love to put a time on the story but every time I would be skipping down the street to my next story mission memory start, I would pass a borgia tower that needed to be taken down, romulus tomb to be explored, pigeon coop to send my assassins on missions, etc, etc. so I couldn't give an estimated time on the story missions. I think most reviews said 10-12 hours. Then there is trying to get the momories synched 100% so there is definite replay value for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Trying to wrap my head around the ending there. Just finished it 5 mins ago. Credits still rolling.

Hmmm.

Well, i would love to put a time on the story but every time I would be skipping down the street to my next story mission memory start, I would pass a borgia tower that needed to be taken down, romulus tomb to be explored, pigeon coop to send my assassins on missions, etc, etc. so I couldn't give an estimated time on the story missions. I think most reviews said 10-12 hours. Then there is trying to get the momories synched 100% so there is definite replay value for them.

In AC2 i played it for 20 hrs i collected everything bar the feathers, i'm not to fussed about trophies, whats the new MP like

In AC2 i played it for 20 hrs i collected everything bar the feathers, i'm not to fussed about trophies, whats the new MP like

Only 10 feathers this time....but over 100 flags! However, you can unlock maps to show you these instead of wandering around in eagle vision mode.

MP is best online I played all year, Thought I would never put down black ops but this is different altogether. Really need skill to stalk your victime and get kills with the highest amount of points. I thought it would be boring just stalking people but its thrilling gameplay, really get into it and the games just flow into each other, could spend hours straight on this

I went back and replayed all of Sequence 7 to no avail. And can't replay the Romulus Lairs so would have to start a new game. Just not arsed :o

Frisbee wrote: »
    I went back and replayed all of Sequence 7 to no avail. And can't replay the Romulus Lairs so would have to start a new game. Just not arsed :o

I just read about this on official forums. People saying certain trophies not unlocking when they clearly should have. A lot of people said when the game first starts up you get a technical difficulty trophy but this never appeared and it's the first sign of a glitched trophy system for the game file.

To fix it, you have to delete the game and save files and reinstall it to play through again. Not much of a fix if you ask me! Maybe they will patch it.

That's weird because I got the 'Technical Difficulties' trophy... :(

A well def sounds glitched. I think i'l be giving up on the plat trophy.

One of the multiplayer ones sounds impossible. Get all the co-op bonuses. Looks like you have to set up a private 2 v 2 match to get them. I found this guide on ps3trophies.org but sounds like an awful lot of trouble!

Role Model trophy_bronze.png(Boostable)
    Get all the Co-op bonuses in 1 session (Multiplayer Only).
    This for me is the worst online trophy. This can only be done in Alliance and Manhunt. The bonuses that you need to get are:
    • Co-op Kill: Kill a target locked on by your teammate.
    • Co-op Stun: Stun a pursuer locked by your teammate.
    • Diversion: Kill a target who has been chased by your teammate.
    • Rescue: Stun a pursuer who is chasing your teammate.
    • Multi-Kill: Your team kills two targets in a row in less than 10 seconds.
    • Knockout: Your team stuns two pursuers in a row in less than 10 seconds.

• Make a 4-player manhunt private match.
    • Players A and B are the pursuers and players C and D are the targets.
      Round 1
    • After the round has started, all players meet at one point.
    • Player A locks by pressing L_1.png on C and player B kills C with square18x18.png. This should get you Co-op Kill.
    • Player B walks away from player A. Player A chases player D in high profile so that an escape sequence begins. Then Player B kills D. This should get you Diversion.
    • Player A kills C and player B kills D at the same time. This should get you Multi-kill.

Round 2
    • After the round has started, all players meet at one point.
    • Player A locks by pressing L_1.png on C and player B stuns C with circle18x18.png. This should get you Co-op Stun.
    • Player B walks away from player A. Player D chases player A in high profile so that an escape sequence begins. Then Player B stuns D. This should get you Rescue.
    • Player A stuns C and player B stuns D at the same time. This should get you Knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Feathers - done
    Flags - 50% done
    Puzzles - 3 done, 13 to find (after flags)

I really don't like the look of the Romulus armour. I've gone back to the standard Assassin armour. I don't see much difference between the varying armours anyway for the most part, and despite saying one weapon is stronger etc, I can't say I notice much difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just got Altair's sword :cool:

Advertisement